My cat is pooing in the lounge...! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
stu
Cat

My cat is pooing in the lounge...!

Hi everyone,

We've had real problems this week with our lovely cat Luigi.
He's pooed in a corner of our lounge three times in the past few days.

We had heavy rain last week, and it was clear our boys didn't want to go outside, but I'm still amazed that Luigi would poo on a clean carpet. I thought that cats always try to find somewhere where they can dig, or at least something they can have a good paw at (eg sand, gravel, earth etc)?

Both our cats had a traumatic start to life - they were rescued from an old lady's flat which had 20 cats in (!), so you can imagine that the toilet facilities there were virtually non-existent. I'm sure that this had an effect on Luigi, although interestingly, our other cat Max has never done this.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very welcome! Luigi is banned from the lounge this weekend!

Thanks very much.

"You gonna party like it's your Coco, gonna sip Bacardi like it's your Coco"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

You have no litter boxes in the house?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
stu
Cat

No, because it's not been a problem before.

But, if we put a litterbox in the same spot where it happened, do you think he would use it? Would he not pick up on the scent on the carpet, and try to go there again instead? (with his ultra-sensitive sense of smell)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Cat Addict

You really need litter boxes in the house in case of an emergency..I would put one upstairs and one downstairs.

My cat goes out in the garden too and has a spot there that he uses for his toilet..but if it rains or he is desperate, he will use the indoor boxes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu View Post
But, if we put a litterbox in the same spot where it happened, do you think he would use it? Would he not pick up on the scent on the carpet, and try to go there again instead? (with his ultra-sensitive sense of smell)
You needn't put the litterbox in the same spot where he had the accident. Instead, put it in whatever spot is convenient for you/him, which may or may not be your lounge. You're right as to the smell, though. You'll need to use a cat urine cleaner to completely remove the smell. Nature's Miracle is used over here, but I'm not sure it's available in the UK. Perhaps some UK members will chime in, or you can ask in your local pet store.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
stu
Cat

OK, will try!
Many thanks for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page