Integration Issues - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Integration Issues

I have combed around the forums and see many posts about integrating cats, some helpful advice is available. Here is my story. I adopted a rescue cat, more like kitten the end of August. He was approximately 6 months old according to the vet. I had him neutered and got all of his shots etc. He is such a pretty cat, pure white....one blue eye, one green eye. I named him Frosty. He is a cuddle bug, sleeps with me...comes to me for cuddles when the alarm goes off.

Fast forward from end of August to November 17th. I took in another cat from a co-worker on November 17th. One of her friends had to move and had to get rid of her cat. Her name is Bella. She is 2 yrs old. Poor thing was so frightened the first night. It has been a little over two weeks. Frosty is not Mr. Cuddly anymore, doesn't come running to greet me when I come home, doesn't like me to pick him up too much. Bella is a sweetheart, loves to play and be pet. I make sure to give Frosty extra attention and etc, but its just not working. Frosty swats at her randomly. I can tell he is not happy by his posture and ears. Last night I had to throw a blanket on them....he jumped on her back and was hanging on with all four legs, biting at her neck and she was meowing and trying to run away. Scared the crap out of me, I was watching tv. My first reaction was to throw a blanket from the couch on them to break it up. I said "HEY" really loud and that also seemed to help. The thing is, she is so sweet and I don't think its for her well-being that Frosty is terrorizing her. I have a cat condo, they both lay at different sections at the same time not too far from each other. I have seen them touch noses and sniff several times, but then I also see the swatting and fighting and a lot of puffing up. Frosty can just be plain out mean. There has been no flying fur, so I guess that is good. I know it seems to be common, but I just wanted to post about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Jr. Cat

did you have them in separate rooms for awhile, or just plunk the newbie down and say "go"?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

It's not to late to start over, here are some good guidelines:

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page