Sleeping in unused bedroom alone but never in my bedroom alone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Sleeping in unused bedroom alone but never in my bedroom alone

Toby sleeps with me in my bed, against me, every night, the whole night through. But during the day he'll go off into my unused bedroom and sleep in the middle of the spare bed. He has a couple of toys in there but he he doesn't really play in there, not does he bring his toys there. He'll just hang out on the bed.

BUT, he has never gone to my room during the day to rest, though he is in and out of there as I do my work and stuff.

This may be kind of obvious, but is that spare bedroom just a place that he knows I never go into, so he knows he'll be left un-disturbed? He's not hiding, just out on the open on the bed.

I just think it's odd that he never naps in my room, where he sleeps every night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Premier Cat

When I first got MowMow he used to hang out in my spare bedroom a lot. It was very similar. He would always sleep with me but during the day he would hang out in there by himself.

I kind of made it his 'safe' room. If he is in there napping I don't bug him other than to poke my head into the room to see he's ok.

There could be other reasons, the sun might shine in there at a certain point during the day that he likes or he may enjoy the different view out the window...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

No sun, nothing out the window, it's just out of the way. He's just plopped in the middle of the bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Tom Cat

Well it IS his room now. =P I sleep in my cat's queen sized bed and they graciously let me keep my things in there, so long as it doesn't interfere with their agendas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Cool Cat

My Metoo is the same. She comes to me for affection, and once she feels like getting enough, she will go to an undisturbed place, like the unused bedroom or behind the fridge, to get a good sleep. She never once slept on my bed alone. Yet every day when I wake up, she is snuggling or sleeping by my side. I cannot tell if she was here all night though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Cat

You can also look at this in an optimistic way. Toby loves you so much that he does not want to use your bed without you!
He would miss you!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Tom Cat

That's kind of funny. I would guess he likes it because in his kitty way he perceives it to be somewhere he's less likely to get bothered, since he knows you use the other. He may see it as "your" bed, and the spare bed as his.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Senior Cat

his territory-your territory (don't worry after a while everything will be his)

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghsmith View Post
his territory-your territory (don't worry after a while everything will be his)
This is so very true. I feel like I'm a guest sometimes. They have trained me so well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page