Does your cat... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Does your cat...

Does your cat ever sit on something and just stare at the ceiling and meow? I noticed Itty Bitty Kitty doing this a few times and there's nothing there that I can see. It's kind of funny, but weird at the same time. O_o

Also, does anyone have advice on giving hairball medicine? Bat has short fur, but licks himself constantly and throws up A LOT of icky fur. When I try to give him his medicine for them I have to practically chase him around the house (not to mention the scratching and biting in the process), and if I put it in wet food he just doesn't eat it. I use Petromalt Hairball Remedy, has anyone else used this and is there a better more...appealing brand that works just as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

My cats LOVE Petromalt!! What kind of medicine are you giving him?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Just the Petromalt: Hairball remedy. It's malt flavored and says it's "an aid in the elimination of swallowed hair and the prevention of hairballs". I dunno if that's considered medicine, but that's what I call it. ^_^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

There are other brands with more flavors to choose from.

What I have right now is NaturVet's Natural Hairball Aid with Catnip. I don't know about the catnip content, probably not enough to matter, but my girls will eat any and all hairball remedies I give them.

There are lots of choices:

Amazon.com: Cat Hairball Remedy Pastes & Gels

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

Samantha would lick the Petromalt right out of the tube, with Meme I'd have to smear a dollop on her front paws so she'd be forced to lick it off.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

marie73: Thanks very much! I'll look into one with maybe a more appealing flavor. Bat has ALWAYS been a picky eater and he has a pretty sensitive stomach.

Cooncatbob: Itty Bitty Kitty loves the Petromalt, but that's what I have to do to Bat. I have to put it on his paws or on his mouth, usually wherever I can get it before he squirms away from me. He's a stubborn one, that cat! ^_^
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Cat

My cat does stare at the ceiling - she seems very interested and attracted to it, but she doesnt meow. My kitty rarelly meows,,only when she wants to go outside or inside of bedroom during the night actually. However she does a lot of bird chirps sounds.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Charlee trills, too. I call her my furry little R2D2.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Teehee, R2D2! I love trills! Bat doesn't meow or purr often but trills a bunch. As for Itty Bitty and her ceiling obsession- I have no idea. I'd just like to know why she stares at it so much. She doesn't meow much either come to think of it. Usually only when my boyfriend and I leave the room and she's looking for us. She hates being alone. Or if we have raw potato. O_O She tries to get the potatoes from us when we're peeling them. She sneaks up and does the yawn-and-stretch to act like she's not interested, then when you're not looking she runs off with a chunk of raw potato. XD
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

My girls stare at nothing and it freaks me out. They were on the end of my bed yesterday, looking down at the carpet for the longest time. I thought, oh, holy crap, ants!! Nope. Nothing. They do this a LOT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page