Cat touching things - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cat touching things

Do your cats like to "touch" things?

Ziggy likes to put her little paws on everything. She particularly likes my face, but she will touch the tv, my computer, my foot, anything. Not trying to play, she just likes to touch them. If there is a piece of paper on the desk, she will just kind of touch it, not full on put her paw on it, but just touch it.

She reminds me of someone with OCD with how much she touches stuff.

This doesn't seem normal.. I mean, it doesn't hurt anything, it is quite adorable, just strange.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Banned

I remember reading somewhere that cats have incredibly sensitive paws, something like their paws can tell from one touch how fast an object is traveling and other things. So I would imagine that maybe your cat just enjoys feeling the different texture of things, or maybe she just developed a habit of using touch to investigate as opposed to smell. It sounds wicked cute! I know sometimes if Khaleesi is curious about something her whiskers will go forward along with her ears and the paw gingerly will pat whatever it is before her little black nose follows.

As well my other girl Lexi LOVES soft things. When she finds a microfiber plush blanket or something similarly soft she will walk up and knead it with the most contented look on her face. Some cats just enjoy textures!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Zigs does both of those things. She is quite an adorable little girl. When she touches my face she looks right in my eyes and has the cutest little expression. She belongs to my roommate, but I am like her aunt.

Both of your cats sound super cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 02-06-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Cat

Teddy loooves to touch faces especially my face sooo cute

He doesn't touch blankets and other soft things though. He doesn't believe they should even exist, as they are all too hot for him, so he avoids most soft surfaces all together

Last edited by marie73; 02-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Tom Cat

Yup, just about everything ends up with toe prints.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Cat Addict

Both my boys do this, but Doran much more so. When they're feeling their very sweetest both boys will stretch and gently pat your face with their paw...sooo cute! If it was part of a stretch I'd just shrug it off, but it's very deliberate!

Doran always has to touch things, glasses, my food *sigh*, flour, toys...everything gets a little touch or a pat.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I retract my statement of adorableness. This morning I got up and my roommate had left his jar of q-tips out. She had gotten into them and pulled a bunch out all over the floor and in the litterbox.

I didn't have time to clean them before I left, so I am going to have a mess to clean tonight.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Senior Cat

Cat touching things

All of my kitties do that too. And 5 of them loooove touching my face during snuggle time. They've done it ever since I was feeding them bottles. They just look up at me and put their paws on my cheeks or lips or whatever.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumof7kitties View Post
All of my kitties do that too. And 5 of them loooove touching my face during snuggle time. They've done it ever since I was feeding them bottles. They just look up at me and put their paws on my cheeks or lips or whatever.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
That's exactly what she does. The other day she was standing on the counter and I walked over and asked her what she was doing on there in my silly high pitched animal voice and she just looked at me and put her little hand right on my mouth like "Shut up, I do what I want"

I couldn't be mad at her for being on the counter anymore.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

When Cali wants me to pet her, she'll put her face on one of my hands and starts scratching herself. When she wants me to pay attention to her and talk to her, she'll put her paw very gently on my mouth. And almost every time I'm in the bathroom, she'll walk up to me, stand up, and reach her paw up so she can touch my face.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page