Does your cat have many sleeping places? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Does your cat have many sleeping places?

I don't know about other cats, but ET like to sleep or rather nap all over the place. He has more than 12 places that he like napping for a long while only to ignore it for months when he found a new spot at odd places, then got sick of it again and moved on. He does sometimes go back to the same spot. He can easily change a few napping spot in a day, though he spent most time in the cheap basket. But at night, for sure, his sleeping place is always his carrier. Many times, I was so tempted to get him a nice kitty cushion/bed, but my hubby advised me against it cos of his funny habit. He has a nice cot that a friend gave me which he took to it immediately and then ignored it for many many months, went back to it when I placed it in a different spot, only to have him ignored it again after some weeks and then went back to it again 2days ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Tom Cat

Cherry sleeps just about everywhere she isn't allowed to be. XD

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Cat

Everywhere... If I am at home though - either on my desk, or under my office chair... And when he is under the chair, he puts his head right under the wheel.. If i ever move the chair - it will hurt... this I call his suicidal sleeping place. So far I haven't moved my chair while he was sleeping under it though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Jr. Cat

Interesting!
Biscuit sleeps in a number of places around my room and on top of a large pillow on a butterfly chair in the litter box room, but will never sleep on the floor. I've also never seen her sleep anywhere downstairs.
Bella will sleep underneath the rocking chair downstairs, in the window sill that looks out the front of the house, and she'll sleep anywhere in my room.
And Gandalf will sleep on the floor in the hallway outside of my room, with my father in his room, and anywhere in my room.
Not too many places, now that I think of it . . . Maybe this will change when they're no longer kittens.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Cat

My current cats don't do this but the cat I grew up with (Blue) had at least 100 spots to sleep, lol. He'd sleep in one place for a few weeks then he'd find a new spot and he'd repeat the process all over again. He particularly liked to sleep in the batting underneath my bed and in a small opening in my closet. He frequented those spots often but he did sleep other places...I think he had a rotating schedule that I never figured out. :3
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Cat Addict

Blacky likes a number of places inside (my bed, chairs...) but what gets me is where she sleeps outside.

She likes the chairs in the sun room and the backyard walkway but best of all... out of everything... she's even there when it's raining... her favourite place to sleep is some straw in the neighbour's front garden that's against their house.

She can sleep anywhere and that is where she chooses to sleep just about every day except in the winter.

Here she is in the sun room on the table:

And here she is in her favourite spot, we call it her nest:

In short... never, ever buy a cat bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
In short... never, ever buy a cat bed.
Mine are opposite. Most prefer kitty beds to random spots. I've got 5 heated kitty beds that are almost always full, as well as about 5 normal beds around the house. If there's not a lap to be sat on then that's where I will find them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

So, kitties sleeping all over at odd places is normal behaviour. Hubby was just remarking about us having a fickle minded kitty. We can find him, inside our empty fish tank, on top of our copier machine, my book shelf, on top of our fish tank rack, all over the place that to me isn't at all comfortable. When you think he will settle in a place, and I try to make that place more comfy for him, he will use the place a couple of times, next thing you know, you won't find him there anymore, he had moved to another spot. I read that most cats dislike changes, but whenever I moved furniture around or add something new to that furniture, that's the place he will go investigate and settle in next. Ironic, the places I want him to be comfortable in, he won't stay put, the places I made up for myself, he takes over. He seemed to like new things, but only for a short period, he's fickle.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Kitten

It depends. If I'm around and in my room, she'll sleep on the radiator by the window, at a very specific spot under the bed or somewhere on the bed. If I'm in the kitchen, she'll sit on a chair, usually one that will allow her to see what I'm doing. If I'm in the living room, on a dining table chair or on the couch. My cat isn't very independent and tends to be in the same room as me or my husband.

BUT, if grandma leaves her bedroom door open, she'll sleep on a very specific spot on her bed. It doesn't matter if I'm around or not.

Last edited by chatbotté; 02-07-2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Forgot some detail. I love my cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page