Sleeping with my kitties - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Sleeping with my kitties

When it's time for bed, Toby will dart behind me into the room. All I have to do is call his name and he knows its time to lay down.

Whiskey, on the other hand, refuses to come into the room. And if I somehow manage to get her into the room, she will dart out the second you open the door. Or she will sit and cry to let her out.

...however, about 30-45 minutes after I'm in bed, ALMOST asleep, she will sit at the door and howl. And howl. Andddd howl to get back in! And once I let her back in, she jumps right up and cuddles up next to me, purring away.

It's the weirdest thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1360821977.747434.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	8490

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Sleeping with my kitties

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1360822180.645404.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	8498

She is a sweetie though. 😸

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Tom Cat

Moosey knows when it is time for bed, but she doesn't always get there right away. There is a lot of exploring the room (which she slept in most of the day) and getting on my nerves, then there is the hissing and fighting between the two, and we have to shut Ziggy out of our room (She is our roommates cat, so although I feel bad, it is not our place to have her sleep with us, although she does most nights if Moosey will be nice). Then sometimes she doesn't jump up in the bed for a while, but when I wake up in the morning she is right in my face purring and rubbing all over me (if Ziggy isn't in the room)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Jr. Cat

That's wicked cute. Mine sleeps with me every night too. We have a pretty good thread going on about this very topic right over here

https://www.catforum.com/forum/36-cat...at-bed-me.html
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Premier Cat

Bed time is a big production around here. When it's time for bed I go around and turn off all the lights then in my sing song cat voice I yell "COME ON! TIME FOR BED!!!". One by one they all march upstairs and we go through our routine. Missy and Zipper head for the tub faucet, Maddie jumps on the bed, Jack completely ignores us and Lacey comes up and heads for her favorite sleeping perch overlooking the back yard. It's a fun and comforting routine for all of us.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Cat Addict

I don't have morning alarm clock cats, I have a bedtime alarm clock ... when Penny decides it's time for bed she begins a persistent squeaky mYOW mYOW. Then when I do get in bed, she immediately jumps up and stands beside me for a few minutes of petting before heavily plopping down right beside me to cuddle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Cool Cat

I have only the one cat and she sleeps with me every night, but bedtime gets complicated, so I won't go into it.

When I had Zenobi, she mostly came to bed every night, but, and here's what Whiskey may be up to, she had to check the house first to make sure it was safe and I assume free from monsters.

JusJim
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Jr. Cat

My girl will come into bed shortly after I've settled down and dig at the covers. That means she wants to go under, and she like to go between the sheet and blanket. So I'll lift the blanket and peel off the sheet for her, and she'll look underneath. And look, and look, and look. And then she'll walk away. She'll be back a few minutes later and do the same. Eventually she'll go under, but sometimes she comes right back out. She only occasionally stays for any time, and she'll stay most of the night just rarely.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sleeping with my kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhughes View Post
My girl will come into bed shortly after I've settled down and dig at the covers. That means she wants to go under, and she like to go between the sheet and blanket. So I'll lift the blanket and peel off the sheet for her, and she'll look underneath. And look, and look, and look. And then she'll walk away. She'll be back a few minutes later and do the same. Eventually she'll go under, but sometimes she comes right back out. She only occasionally stays for any time, and she'll stay most of the night just rarely.
Hahaha, it sounds like your kitty is triple checking for boogey men under the covers before she goes to sleep down there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page