Sexual behavior - does it go away after getting fixed? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Ja9
Kitten

Sexual behavior - does it go away after getting fixed?

We adopted Merlin a 1year old unneutered cat about 3 weeks ago, a week into it he had a bad case of struvite crystals and was terribly sickly for a week. We've gotten him his shots and have booked him to get fixed march 9th (want to make sure he's well before surgery)

So for the last 4-5 days he nightly kneads and then humps my blankets at my feet. He has an erection, but doesn't seem to ejaculate? It kind of grosses me out, but when I stop him he growls and meows at me.

I dont like that he can do this to my kids :/

Will this go away once his fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Premier Cat

Hard to say. MowMow is 9 years old and does this to poor Book at least once a day(I see them on the window sill when I leave for work).

Book on the other hand (2 years old in April) has never done it to my knowledge.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Ja9
Kitten

Urgh! I just let him to see what'd happen. He did ejaculate on my leg. Gross.

He's so lovely, otherwise but this isn't cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Ja9
Kitten

He's not biting though? I thought male bit when they were trying to mount?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Cat Addict

Our shelter has a lively, older, long-ago-neutered gentleman cat called 'Small'. I'll see if I can't find a pic of him to post with this. We have what we call "purr pads" that are basically thin pillows that our volunteers make out of fleece or other soft materials. Small will take the purr pad in his mouth and drag it where he wants, a chair or cat tree or shelf, and GO AT IT. You just have to look away and hope there are no small children touring his room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Ja9
Kitten

LOL @ Small, he's super cute!

See I have 2 small children, and I'd rather him not do this to their legs, or explain the act for a few more years. But I guess if he likes doing it, it's going to happen :S I just thought without the testosterone in his system it would subside.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Cat Addict

The only suggestion I can give is to remove the blankets in question. If they're really soft blankets sometimes cats are just super... attracted to them. He may not move the behavior onto other objects.

Along with the dogs
and
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Cat

I can't say for all kitties, particularly ones that are neutered at an older age, but all of my kitties are asexual and fixed. Two of them were fixed at age 4 months, and the other was fixed at age 8 or 9 months. None of them ever demonstrate any sexual behaviour to one another or anything/anyone else.

BTW, Merlin is an AWESOME name for a cat! *thumbs up!* lol My Merlin is also just turned one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page