Help! Feral cat using bed as lavatory! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Help! Feral cat using bed as lavatory!

I dont want to give the feral 7 month year old female up but if this continues I'll have to give her up. I want to make sure she is placed in a no kill shelter or adopted by someone who can spend quality time with her.
What is causing her to periodically do this ? She starts playing and getting worked up and BAM ! This is the second time she did this . I suspect she is peeing other places other than the in-box. Now I have to replace bedding and a mattress. Her litter box was cleaned the same day she did this. She has shots, no FL, just needs distemper shots, she is fixed. How can I get her to STOP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, there's a spate of kitties peeing on beds in the past couple of days! One of mine was doing this recently too.

Have you been to the vet recently? It seems like she's not able to hold her pee. I know that for others who've had this problem, it turned out that kitty had a UTI.

My cat had no health issues as far as the vet could tell. I just have to keep my bedroom door closed to make sure she's not tempted - she will also poop on the bed when she's constipated.

Do you have any other kitties? Is she stressed, maybe?

One suggestion is that you use Nature's Miracle to clean up, to make sure that the pheromones are gone. Otherwise, she'll be attracted to the same spot. If she's been peeing in other places, you'd probably know pretty quickly from the odor.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Tom Cat

Help! Feral cat using bed as lavatory!

I just went through this. My cat is getting over a UTI but he is almost 14 years old. I would take her to the vet & see if that is the problem.

I couldn't save my mattress & just bought a new one with a waterproof mattress pad. I also bought waterproof mattress pads for my kids beds.

I kept my cat in my master bathroom for 5 days. I will probably keep him in there at night until his medicine is gone.

I hope you have better luck with the Nature's Miracle. It stinks when they do things like this. But it is best to get them checked out by a vet.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R.I.P. Patches (1998 - 12/3/10) & KC (4/9/99 - 3/13/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Cool Cat

You said she's feral? Like rehabilitated feral, or like you just brought her into the house and she's never lived around humans before feral?

I think that makes a difference, so I hope you will clarify how she came to be part of your household. My response will be totally different if she's a true feral versus if she's a fully socialized cat who acts a bit wild or shy sometimes, or somewhere in the middle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page