Welcomed home - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Welcomed home

On Sunday, I went into hospital. On Monday I had an op on my shoulder and yesterday I was let out. I knew the dog would go bananas at seeing me but I was so chuffed that all the cats came straight to greet me. Lottie who is not always the most demonstrative has barely left me since. The best welcome home I've had. If I've been away with work or on a break, they usually greet me then remember I've betrayed them by not being there! This time it was almost as if they knew it wasn't my fault!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Tom Cat

Aww, how sweet. Doesn't that make you feel good?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, they knew, I'm sure of it! They knew mommy was hurt and needed comforting. That is way different than just leaving and returning. I used to go to sea with the Navy and the homecoming was cool at best. I had a similiar incident when I was unexpectantly admitted to the hospital for a week with a cat bite! (not one of mine) They knew right away that something was wrong and stayed by my side. Hope you are up to full speed soon!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Senior Cat

Funny how cats can tell the difference in why you were absent. But, they really can. I had surgery a month ago and am slowly recovering. I hope you feel better soon!

One time, I got food poisoning and ended up sleeping on the floor of the bathroom for three days. My cats and dog kept me company the entire time. I was running a high fever, but I don't think they stayed for the warmth. They clearly recognized how sick I was and were there to give me reassurance and comforting. I imagine yours are doing the same for you.

Mylita
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Cat

cuddles can definitely tell when his mommy isn't feeling well, and he'll hover around her and give her extra love. My newer kitten, Simba has started demonstrating similar traits when his mommy was recently feeling sick as well. Unfortunately, they don't give a rats butt if daddy isn't feeling well I'm sure it's a nice feeling to see love being reciprocated from your cats!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Senior Cat

thats so sweet! hope your shoulder is doing good!

Anna + Josie and Blackberry
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

That is so great! Kitties know when their 'person' is not feeling well.
Artie does the same...

I wish you Good Luck with your shoulder. Hopefully you will recover completely and in no time at all.
I have an idea of what you are going through.
I broke my upper arm, right near the shoulder at the end of July. It was up in the air for a while if I was going to have surgery. I did not.
Good Luck!

Artie was so good to me. He never left me while I was recovering..he knew...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page