What gets your cats running? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

What gets your cats running?

My kitchen is a pretty good distance from our screened in porch but Zipper (who frequently naps outside no matter the weather) will come waddling in (I say waddling because she is quite old and arthritic) whenever she hears the clinking of cat bowls! - even if the doors are shut! She can distinguish the sound of those particular bowls over any other type of ceramic. It's uncanny.

Also, since we don't have set feeding times at Chez Gattohause, if I say certain words like "You want some yummies?" or "Are you hungry"? that will send them scurrying to the kitchen! Any other time and I am pretty much ignored.

Do your cats get over excited about anything in particular?

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Tom Cat

What gets your cats running?

Shadow meows continually when I am getting my pets food together. She & my dog Samantha have a competition of who can be the loudest for food. Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R.I.P. Patches (1998 - 12/3/10) & KC (4/9/99 - 3/13/13)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Senior Cat

Food definitely, and if he's in a playful mood and I so much as look at him he'll be off and running expecting a game of hide and seek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Tom Cat

Laser pointers.

Both the Cherry and my dog have gotten to the point where they get excited over a pen clicking. Cherry even gets excited if I reach over the table where I keep the laser pointer.

Other than that, she usually wound up and running around the house like a little rocket, but when laser pointers are involved, she gets even crazier.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmist View Post
Laser pointers.

Both the Cherry and my dog have gotten to the point where they get excited over a pen clicking. Cherry even gets excited if I reach over the table where I keep the laser pointer.

Other than that, she usually wound up and running around the house like a little rocket, but when laser pointers are involved, she gets even crazier.
HA! I forgot about the laser pointer! Yes, my Maddie will perk right up as soon as she hears the little chain rattle that it is connected to it (it came on a 2" chain with a ring for as key holder type thing). The rest of them could care less, but Maddie LOVES the red dot of play!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
HA! I forgot about the laser pointer! Yes, my Maddie will perk right up as soon as she hears the little chain rattle that it is connected to it (it came on a 2" chain with a ring for as key holder type thing). The rest of them could care less, but Maddie LOVES the red dot of play!!
Cherry and my dog know all sounds associated with the laser pointer. The chain, the click, and even the sound of me picking it up off the table.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Tom Cat

The only time I ever saw Midnight, the wild cat, running was when he was chasing a fox.

The foxes are gone now (they come and go over time) but I have actually seen him roaming with them in the woods - and one time I saw him chase one from the front of the house.

Tough guy? That's for sure!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Premier Cat

I ask if they have "Rumblies in their little fat tumblies" or if anyone has the "hungry munchies" That sends them to the kitchen. So does any rattling of their stainless steel food bowls.

Oh, and squeek of the ice cream scoop (the kind with the thumb tab that released the ice cream from the scoop) if either of them think ice cream is involved, they are RIGHT there and VERY visible. Nobody wants to get forgotten when it comes time to lick the scoop/bowl/spoon.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Cat

When they hear the cabinet open with their food in it,they will pop up from a sound sleep.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Cat Addict

In our home, it's more of a time of day than any external stimulus...

When Penny is sure I'm safely tucked away in bed for the night, she runs off to join Nala for the Midnight Kitty Olympics, which consists of the up-and-down-the-stairway races and, in Nala's case, the hop-on-pop competition.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page