Cat LOVES feet and getting pet through shower curtain - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cat LOVES feet and getting pet through shower curtain

Is anyone elses cat like this? Shes a loving cat but honestly prefers to be pet with feet whenever she craves attention. When we sit on the couch to watch TV she comes over to me and steps on my slipper telling me she wants some love. I take it off and immediately shes rubbing all over my foot. She even plays with it sometimes like its another animal. She'll sometimes walk over it and sit on it, and roll over like shes playing with a toy.

I sware she thinks my foot is a whole other creature separate from me. She also waits for me to dry my feet out of the shower. She'll just sit outside of it staring at my feet while I dry them off. The minute I stick it outside the shower shes all over it rubbing up on it and licking any water I missed.

The times she really likes being pet with hands is when Im in the shower and shes on the other side of the curtain. She'll reach up and try to get my attention, pat the curtain with her paw, and sometimes meow.

She loves to have her face rubbed and the side of her belly rubbed when my hand when the curtain is between us.

I always pegged this as odd but cute behavior. I obviously cant get footage of the shower activity but Ill try and get a video of how crazy she is about feet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Senior Cat

Lickorish rubs herself on my feet as I'm getting out of bed, and as I'm walking down the stairs in the morning (so I have to be really careful). When I'm getting out of bed, she waits on the floor and as soon as she sees a foot, she raises up to rub on it. She doesn't stay in the bathroom while I'm showering, so no footrubbing there. Seems to be that once breakfast is served, she's over it. Its just a morning, pre-breakfast thing with her.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Premier Cat

My cats don't do this obsessively, but if a foot is free and they're in the mood, they will rub their heads all over it. My theory is that feet offer better surfaces for scratching their heads than hands. They tend to move less than hands, they have toes that stick out and therefore are screaming to be rubbed against, and they're more solid than fingers so when they rub up against them, they get a good deep scratch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Senior Cat

I have glass doors so my cats canít do that, but they do sit outside the door watching.
One of them likes to put plastic bottle caps outside the door and it really hurts when I step on them. I don't know where they are getting them, but they all run when I scream in pain and Iíll just bet that they are laughing at me under the bed.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Cat

Gosha has obsession with my sons stinky feet and his worn socks or shoes. He will roll all over them like he is high on catnip lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gosha - shy 5 y.o. Rasta - vicious kitten
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha View Post
Gosha has obsession with my sons stinky feet and his worn socks or shoes. He will roll all over them like he is high on catnip lol
LOL That's too funny
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Jr. Cat

I keep my bathroom door closed. I honestly like the "me" time I get there when I'm having my private moments. It drives him nuts because he's only 3 and i've only had him for a few months so he's still wicked clingy because I work all day. He gets to sleep with me and sit on my lap whenever he wants too and hangs off my computer chair and gives me shouler massages while I'm playing Diablo 3... so yeah. He gets plenty of use out of me. Bathroom time is strictly forbidden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page