Losing a brother - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Losing a brother

You may have seen my other thread https://www.catforum.com/forum/38-hea...ce-needed.html regarding Reggie who sadly was put to sleep yesterday.

He has a twin brother (Ronnie) and although he seems OK at the moment I'm just wondering if there is likely side effects to look for after losing his brother.

Ronnie's always been full of personality and, as I said, he seems fine at the moment.

Any advice, experience, greatly received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Cat Addict

I'm afraid there isn't one answer that can cover every situation. Some animals bond more closely than others and grieve more obviously. All you can really do is watch him and listen to him and react according to what he shows you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Premier Cat

You may notice that Ronnie may search from room to room calling out for him. Or he may take it all in stride if they were not overly close.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Cat Addict

Yeah, you never know. Sometimes they're really sad. Sometimes it's business as usual.

But I'm guessing it would be good for both you and Ronnie to have some extra pettings/cuddles the next several days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaCat View Post
Yeah, you never know. Sometimes they're really sad. Sometimes it's business as usual.

But I'm guessing it would be good for both you and Ronnie to have some extra pettings/cuddles the next several days.
He's sleeping in with us at night now (or at least has the option to) because we don't want him to get lonely and he slept with us pretty much all night last night

He is getting a lot of love right now unfortunately we both work full time so he is alone during the day which isn't ideal.

He's always been a prolific hunter and there doesn't seem to be any change in that, I had to clean up "bits of mouse" this morning.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Senior Cat

I had a brother and sister pair and the brother died from undiagnosed diabetes. (Was a bad vet experience.) She mourned and called for him for several months. Eventually, she moved on and was back to her self. I was sad for her. I hope your Ronnie takes this in stride. Cuddles help.

Mylita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page