Laser pointer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Laser pointer

I finally used a laser pointer to keep my younger male tired at night. He chased it all around. His mom (the wise one) watched intently back and forth at my hand and the light. She then just rested as if, I know what is going on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Cool Cat

Cute!

My cats figured out the laser pointer thing almost instantly, and then acted sort of patronizing toward me when I tried to get them to play it.

They love their Da Bird for exercise, though. I think they know it's just me and not a real bird, but they don't care because it's so fun to chase and the way it moves appeals to their hunter instincts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Well If i could be a couch potato and Da Bird would fly around the room, that would be cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Cat Addict

Yeah, some cats are just too smart for it. Or something.

Blaze chases it like crazy, and chatters at it, but he's never been the brightest.

Blacky shows no interest in any toys, and Jasper takes one look at it, then looks at the red light in my hand. The only time he seemed at all interested in it was when it was sitting on his toy mouse. That was a disappointment, I was hoping instead of playing fetch all day long he wouldn't mind playing chase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Jr. Cat

My boyfriend loves playing laser with the kitten. I am the fetch person in the family.
Thank goodness our little guy humors us both.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Cat Addict

ET will still play laser pointer initially, but since I got DaBird, he is no longer interested, don't even bothered to look at the red dot.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
Blaze chases it like crazy, and chatters at it, but he's never been the brightest.
This is Penny too. "OMG OMG it's that moving dot AGAIN! I am SOOO going to get it this time." ... and gallops heavily after it.

Nala with a look of derision "Whatev... maybe I'll chase your dot, maybe I'll lick myself."

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Tom Cat

Laser pointer

Lol Yuki loves to chase the red dot but she knows it comes from the pointer in my hand and usually ends up more curious about that. I've got her to make spectacular leaps up the wall using it though

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Tom Cat

My two LOVE it. Orion especially. They are very 'play' focused, so anything that moves and can be played with is a huge hit. Orion will chase it until whoever is operating it gets bored and then lie down, exhausted. He doesn't seem to get discouraged with never catching the dot.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Tom Cat

Laser pointer

I'll give her treats after so she doesn't feel too disappointed about not catching the dot

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page