Ok it's been over a month... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Ok it's been over a month...

We got Rory over a month ago now. He's around 7.5 months old, around 4kg let's say. We've had Lily since July and she's around 18 months old and only about 2.5kg.

Well the first thing is, Rory is clearly bullying her. She'll be sleeping somewhere, he'll just go up and steal her space. Sometimes she seems withdrawn and upset too, most of the time she's fine. She's always been fairly chilled out, whereas Rory is nuts.

Which leads me on to the second thing... it's almost like ALL he knows is play! You can't give him a scrudge, because within a minute he's biting you or on his back pushing your hands away trying to bite you. He'll be purring, he'll do it whilst laying on your lap but it's starting to really annoy me!

Thirdly, he doesn't bury his waste in the litter tray which is seriously annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Cat Addict

i got a four-month-old when my other cats were 3 and 13, and he's the same way. he is now three years old, and he mostly does it to the 6-year-old who has at least five pounds on him, but runs away and hisses.

i can't shove him out of my space on the bed or he starts biting or scratching at me. all i have to do with the other cats is gently push them over and they move, but houdini is all, "NO!!!! THIS BED IS MINES!!!!!!!"

i'm hoping he'll settle down some but he might just always be kind of pushy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Senior Cat

Ok it's been over a month...

He's a kitten still so in his eyes pretty much any handling is a game. Don't play with him ever with your fingers or hands or even your feet. Don't wiggle your fingers in front of him trying to play. He will associate anything to do with your hands as playtime.

As far as pushing Lily away from a spot as well as not covering his poop in the box, it sounds as though he's establishing himself as top kitty. Lily apparently has accepted that fact and just deals with it. And top cats often leave their poop uncovered to ensure everyone knows he's number one. Odd to us but probably makes perfect sense in their world.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

He'll presumably stop that when he's settled then and he's "established"?

As for the playing, I have a Kong Kickaroo that I give him when he starts biting me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page