Cats and Gamers - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cats and Gamers

Hi,
Not sure how many of you are into video games or not. It's one of my favorite hobbies. I can play for hours and completely forget about life and everything else. Anyways, I'm addicted to all things Blizzard and was thinking of firing up my World of Warcraft account to see some of the new content and I was wondering how you folks manage your gaming habbits with pets. Usualy Pipin comes to me when I'm gaming and he'll sit near my chair or even on the head rest which I love. He likes to give me a shoulder massage and rub his head on my face but I often wonder how much attention he really needs besides a bit of play time during the day. Thanks.. I know this question sounds dumb but I know there's gottah be gamers out there with Cats who can still manage it's happyness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Cool Cat

I'm a game fan too. (I'm playing Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World right now.) My cats like to sit with me when I play. Usually I have Maisie on my lap and Zephyr beside me when I'm gaming.

I also do a lot of writing both for work and as a hobby, with the same cat configuration.

Of course I also cuddle with them and play with them on a frequent basis too, so it's not like they're ignored.

I find that with my cats, I don't have to be paying direct attention to them all the time. They're perfectly happy to just sit with me while I play, as long as they get petted from time to time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Premier Cat

I am a gamer too. Of my cats only Winston hangs around when I am playing. Usually he just sits on my lap, but every once in a while he gets up and gets right in my face when I am in the middle of some kind of battle. It is almost like he knows mom is busy and does it on purpose. I am taking a break from playing right now. I am waiting for Bioshock Infinite to come out (almost time!). My favorite so far are the Mass Effect and Fallout series. Skyrim was a lot of fun too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Cat

I'm a fan of blizzard as well and ncsoft games i manage fine matter in fact i always check my cat everytime i'm through with a dungeon to make sure they are ok. I also sew as a hobby and make dolls so i'm more careful about that one of my cat comes near me and starts sucking on her paw when i sew! then my other cat becomes my lap cat when i game.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Cat Addict

Apparently there is a gaming store in downtown Lincoln that has five cats as store cats. I've had a number of college age guys (and gals) come to the shelter because apparently the cats there are very cool. I may have to go see this place.

Unfortunately my college gaming ended with D&D, the no console version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page