Scratching Plank From Heaven! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Exclamation Scratching Plank From Heaven!

Hello all:
It's been a while since I've posted, and I just found a reason to post this past weekend. My kitty, Mister Pookie-Bear is a complete spoiled
brat. I live in a one-bedroom aparment, so space for us is a bit cramped, so I try to give him space when he needs it, plus have a nice offering
of toys. I've had him for nearly three years now. When I first got him, I bought one of those compressed corrugated coardboard planks that are
great for kitties to scratch their frustrations on. Well, being nearly three years old, it was nearly scratched through to the floor.

I happened to be at PetSmart for the ususal litter and food, but decided to wander through the toy aisle. I found replacement planks, but then I
found something better. The brand is KONG at home "Scratch 'N Play Box". I'll list the features: one: Replaceable corrugated block is ideal for
scratching; two: Bouncing bead toy encourages play; and three: Durable wood frame helps keep scratcher in place.

Excuse my metric; but it fits the standard 45cm L x 24cm W x 4.5cm D replaceable corrugated blocks. (Turns out in this case metric was more
accurate). The wood frame is high quality with flat plastic feet for hard floors. At one end of the frame there's a circular hole to hold the
all-natural toy, consisting of wood beads and feathers. Mister Pookie-Bear just loves it. Although, at least for me, it was a bit pricey, at $35
USD, I figured it was time for him to get a new toy. Oh, also included was a small packet of catnip.

I wanted to include a link to the product, but I couldn't find a thing on it. I am attaching a picture of a plank with a cardboard frame just
give you a general idea. Replace the cheap blue cardboard with nice natural-toned wood, plus a springy wood bead and feather toy at one end and you have a winner!

Sorry to keep going on about this product, but I couldn't be happier. In fact, I'll be calling the company this week sometime to let them know.
Just look for it in the scratching thingy area of PetSmart!

(remember to see attached pic for the comparison I described. The one in the pic would be considered completely inferior, less-than-cheap imitation)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catscratch.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	9970  

Kind Regards, Daniel in Tulsa aka siouxdax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Premier Cat

HA! You dropped a chunk of change on Mister Pookie-Bear but I'm sure he (and you) deserves it!! It's nice that we are so happy with the small things in life, aren't we!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Senior Cat

Scratching Plank From Heaven!

Pretty pricy toy indeed. But then what's worse, buying games and x-boxes for teenage humans or a quality toy from time to time for our furry kids.

I had to throw out 80% of my kitties toys when they had their mystery illness last year. Slowly building up again!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Cat Addict

ET loved corrugated scratch board. The board only lasted something like 6mths, he is already on his 2nd ones. Pet Lovers Centre :: Products

I have to stop buying cos it isn't cheap and makes a mess. I recently bought this Pet Lovers Centre :: Products , no more mess at last and he seemed to like reclining post.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Senior Cat

we have a three side scratch tower that i think came from cats claws, each side holds a cardboard scratch panel, more than one time we wittnessed all three in use in a "I can scratch better than you contest" http://www.catclaws.com/Deluxe-Tripl...ductinfo/1019/

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house

Last edited by tghsmith; 03-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Marcia: Yeah, a chunk of change, indeed. So much, in fact, that I kept debating on whether or not it was worth it. I kept thinking that the replacements are around 5-10 buck, plus it comes in a nice wooden frame, which may contain some of the mess. Then there's the wooden bead and feather toy that fits on one end.

Well, after all of this (actual) verbal debating, when I get up to the register and get the total, my friend swiped his credit card before I could blink. He does this type of thing every once in a while, knowing I'm on disability, but it's usually for lunch or something. So in essence, I paid nothing for it, and got two bags litter and a bag of food out of it. I suppose having a close friend who's an accountant has its advantages. He's a very kind and generous person. Me and Mister Pookie-Bear thank him for it. Mostly Mister Pookie-Bear.

Kind Regards, Daniel in Tulsa aka siouxdax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page