kittie stay with you when you're sick? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

kittie stay with you when you're sick?

Does anyone's kitty stay with them constantly when they are sick?
Artie seems to do so...and so vocal..as if he was trying to ask what he could do to help..
I have been up all last night with the horrible cruise ship virus---even though not near any ships...
Artie was following me constantly! Even to the point of putting his head next to mine when I was hugging the porcelain god and I was making retching noises.. I had to really yell at him last night to leave me alone.. I am not like that at all and felt so bad...
He has stayed by my side continually...even in bed...

Kind of cute--but..I made 2 slices of toast with grape jelly. I ate one, put the other one on the end table. After he climbed all over me, he walked over to the toast and started licking it!!! I firmly said, Artie-NO! He jumped down but is by my feet now.....

Artie seems to know when I am hurting and tries to help me with love......
Does this happen to anyone else?

I have not been this sick in years!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Tom Cat

Yeah Yuki stays by my side when I'm sick or have a migraine. I love it, it's comforting to have her close. Such sweet loving kitties we have

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Senior Cat

My kitties and my doggies are very much like that. They all seem to just know when they need to lend extra loves and stay by me. When I was suffering from severe cracked tooth syndrome I think every one of my critters was surrounding me as I was puking my brains out from the pain and when I collapsed on the stairs going back up to the bedroom. I'd passed out there on the stairs from the pain and came to with very concerned furry faces looking down at me and a worried chihuahua making whining noises and my flat coated retriever licking my hand. The cats were all perched on my chest, belly, legs... I'm sure it looked comical but I was too miserable to understand. They all stayed with me till I felt better (after having the tooth pulled out.)

So yes, my entire crew including my kitties stuck by my side like white on rice. I love my babies. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Cool Cat

My kitties are the same, Meeka especially. She's not usually a huge snuggle bunny but if ever I'm sick or upset, she's right there looking concerned and trying to make me feel better. I'm going in for day surgery on 10th April and I'm looking forward to hanging out in bed with the kitties for a few days while I recover ❤

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Tom Cat

Whenever I'm sick, I usually sleep on the couch downstairs. Cherry is always somewhere watching me. She's probably curl up with me if the dog wouldn't chase her away.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Cat Addict

I am pretty sickly, 1 moment limping with body/knee/ankle ache, 1 moment gastritis, gastric reflex, most moments down with dizzy spells (vertigo and low BP). Most times I spend my time in my bedroom which is out of bound for ET, so he doesn't keep me company when I am sick but it sure is irritating when I am down with dizzy spell and its ET's meal time or treat time, he will start meowing soooo loudly continuously outside my bedroom. I had to get up to feed him and the problem is, he doesn't eat the moment I put his bowl down, he wants me to sit on a stool left next to his food bowl before he starts eating. Only when he starts eating, only then can I make my move back to my room. Its terrible when my head is already spinning.

Whenever he sees me limping, he just stares at me wide eyed, lol. I really doubt if he understands or know it when I am sick or maybe I haven't given him a chance to cos most times I retreat back to my room.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Cat

Yes, my cat will curl up next to me when I am sick in bed. She doesn't bother me to play and seems to understand that I am hurting.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Cat

I haven't been sick since we got Lenny (think its a record!) but I've been upset and he has come to my rescue with cuddles!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Cool Cat

Maisie does. Zephyr tries, but he just doesn't have the attention span.

One time was a bit funny, though - I wasn't sick, I was injured after being hit by a car while crossing the street. The cats knew there was something wrong with me, and they seemed to realize that my knee was hurting. However, they didn't get what to do about that, and kept trying to lie on it, both of them at the same time. I'd move them, but as soon as I started to drift off to sleep, they'd come back. Nineteen pounds of cat right on the swollen joint didn't help the injured knee.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.

Last edited by Blakeney Green; 03-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Jr. Cat

My male tabby, Gabby does that. He even went as far as to try to climb in the bath tub with my boyfriend when he threw his back out a month back, and he hates water. But it didn't matter. He wanted to be close and if that meant being in the water, he was just going to suck it up and get in the tub. It was really sweet. I stopped him and he settled for sitting on the side of the tub and talking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page