What about those DVD's for cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Question What about those DVD's for cats?

Hi, I saw afew of them on internet, thought they were cute. BUT....I'm afraid the cat will either scratch up my tv screen or computer screen. I saw on utube that they get excited and amused by all the sounds and animals they show and then they try and touch or play with them on screen.

Anyone have one and how does cat react? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Cat Addict

My computer screen needs regularly cleaned of both paw and nose prints, although I've never had a scratch. My former cat Simon loved to watch the movement on the computer. Nala likes the youtube videos for cats, in particular. She is absolutely mesmerized. Penny doesn't really care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Tom Cat

Ritz was bored, I got a three-disk version, one had fishes, one squirrels, one birds. She didn't watch any of them. But I know other cats really like them.
Sometimes when we watch tv together, she'll react to the sound of a baby crying (a litle stressed) but doesn't have a similar reaction to any tv commercial featuring cats. Ritz doesn't like the sound of a phone ringing--in 'real life' or on the tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Cat Addict

I have one cat that likes to watch the computer or TV if something is interesting. I just found a good bird You Tube video that he watches but he always goes to the screen and I stop him. I am not willing to take a chance on my TV or computer at all. He doesn't watch more than 10 minutes any way. Funny my other cat looked and jumped behind the computer to get the bird and when she realized no bird, she never looked back or cared.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Cool Cat

I tried a free sample to see if my cats would like it, but they were not into it. They would occasionally glance at the screen or flick an ear toward the sounds, but it didn't hold their attention.

All cats are different, but mine tend not to be impressed by stuff like that. They'd sooner just look out the window.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Jr. Cat

Sepideh is a menace, if I have spotify or anything similar going on the tv, she chases the progress bar! I've had to set the screensaver to blank the screen really fast so she doesn't notice it. She's also the one who's mad for the laser pointer, she likes small moving things.

Sune comes running whenever hears lion roars, particularly the one that is at the start of MGM movies. He doesn't react to tiger roars, but did jump up fascinated when he heard leopards doing their cough bark thing on Animal Planet once. But he can't seem to figure out where they're coming from, and hasn't connected the noise with the tv, so he runs around under the furniture looking for them.

I don't think either of them would be much for a cat DVD, well, not unless it had a progress bar for Sepideh.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Senior Cat

One of my cats will watch youtube bird videos for a few minutes at a time. The only problem is she wants to get close, so she climbs on my laptop and ends up pushing keys that stop the video Overall, I think she would rather look out the window than watch a video.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Tom Cat

One of my cats likes the cat DVD and animal shows on TV but the other is not interested. The one that likes it usually just sits and watches it. He doesn't scratch the TV.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Jr. Cat

Heh. I had to give this a try. The results?

Sune wandered in, lay down on the floor facing the wrong way, and ignored the tv. Sepideh on the other hand:

We tried a few, but this is the only one that caught her attention at all:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page