male versus female behavior - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

male versus female behavior

Do you have sweet male cats? Males have always seemed more independent and aloof to me. What is your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Senior Cat

That is my exact opposite experience! My male is the most lovable, talkable, playful cat I've ever owned.

That goes to show you how it just depends on each individual cat I guess (:
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Cat

My male is why I named myself here "purr machine". He is the sweetest little boy, comes over for snuggles at least a few times a day (and at night). He starts purring when he walks to me with an intention to snuggle He demands a lot of human attention. He is my gentle giant
Our girl kitten is more into playing on her own or with Teddy, then snuggling with humans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Cool Cat

Both of mine are males, and they're both extremely affectionate and attached.

Based on the cats I know (including the many I met while volunteering at the local shelter,) I think it has a lot more to do with individual personality than whether the cat is male or female.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Premier Cat

My boys don't fit into your stereotype either. MowMow is an Olympic level face masher/kisser and Book loves cuddling too. There is no aloofness here.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Senior Cat

My two boys are lovable. Skeeter mostly. He is a huge under the covers snuggler. Talker purrer and a face rubber on mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Jr. Cat

Tony is a cuddle monster, which is what made us pick him at the shelter. I woke up to him trying to cuddle my head in every possible way he could this morning. It would've been nice to sleep in, but head cuddles make me love him more. =)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Tom Cat

My boys are cuddlers and mama's boys. If I've been gone for a while they immediately want cuddles and ALWAYS come to bed and snuggle with me. They really aren't independent or aloof at all - even if they aren't wanting attention, they are almost always in the same room as the people are and are very sociable little guys when we have guests over.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Senior Cat

male versus female behavior

I always believe a lot has to do with how much they're handled when they're babies. All of mine are love bugs through and through but I've loved on them since they were born with the exception if Athena, one of my kittens, who came to me at 3 months. She's extremely loving tho and doesn't fit the "feisty" stereotype for torties. My two boys are sweet as can be, both ginger tabbies, one huge and one tiny, both have huge hearts are big little loves. My girls are all sweethearts too. They all love snuggling and lap time or nap time and love hanging out with me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Jr. Cat

My experience is simply that every cat is different. Just like people.

Our male cat likes to be held and cuddled whereas our female cat will only permit pats when it suits her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page