Funny or not! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Funny or not!

I remember this video of someone taking great pains to save and rehabilitate a mouse. When he let it loose a hawk came down and swooped it up immediately. Sad but real.
Since it is spring I seem to be getting a lot of cat catches lately and I try to save the ones I can. Today a baby gopher that looked in tact. I quickly took it away and put in a shoe box in my garage as I have done before with a rubber band around it. There was a little hole in the box but I thought surely the gopher couldn't get through it. I had to work and now when I was ready to drop it off in a field to survive or not, it wasn't in the box. It is in my very messy garage and I know I will never find it. It can't live in there so eventually I suspect something smelly is going to happen. I am thinking of putting the cat out there to see if she can smell it out. I have a freezer out there I can't move.
Most of my neighbors are trying to kill the gophers and here I am trying to relocate them. My lesson learned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
I remember this video of someone taking great pains to save and rehabilitate a mouse. When he let it loose a hawk came down and swooped it up immediately.
i'm sorry if i offend anyone's sensitivities, but LOL because that's my life.

i have no experience with catching and releasing wild things, but just remember: no good deed goes unpunished.

sorry about the gopher. maybe there's a little hole in the garage corner somewhere he can slip through. that smelly end is awful.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I put my cat out in the garage and she had it cornered in 1/2 hour behind some folded chairs and things. I never would have seen it. I moved it all, got it and released it in a field near here. It has a good of a chance as anywhere but really it all seems silly. I just can't face the carnage. Oddly enough before I had the cats I was trying all these crazy natural ways to catch gophers in my yard who were making holes all over. I have no holes since I got the cats but my neighbor who rents has such a bad problem that the ground caves in when you walk. Because he rents he won't do anything about it. I suspect they are coming from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page