Acting strange after vet visit & jabs - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Acting strange after vet visit & jabs

So Lenny got his first injection yesterday and next is on the 11th April (my birthday lol!) we also found out he has ear mites, we've always said his ears were dirty but presumed they just needed cleaning! Vet reckons he had had them since we got him so I feel really bad we haven't taken him to a vet sooner. She also think he has a sensitive tummy and we should have him on an all dry diet but gave us 6 pouches of sensitive food for now, Id rather have him on a mix as its hard enough getting him to eat the biscuits covered in the juice/jelly never mind totally dry! As for the ear mites she put 'advocate'? On the back of his neck and said she may clean his ears if he needs it doing once that's all cleared up. He was fairly normal as the vets, jumping onto her chair when he could as the table was too cold ha! So yesterday he was cuddly but didn't want to play. And today the only time he has gotten out of bed is to eat/drink and use his tray... No cuddles no play! I've been sitting by his bed and he has lay on my lap but is really quiet! Is he just guilt tripping me for taking him to the vet or could it be side effects from the jab on advocate spot on stuff?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Jr. Cat

Sorry to hear your kitty is not acting himself. Could be the med stuff, just catching up to him...if he is not back to himself tomorrow, I would be concerned...but I confess I am a worrier.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Cool Cat

Zephyr is always that way for about 24 hours after getting a vaccination.

If your kitty doesn't perk up by tomorrow, though, I would suggest you call the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Ah I've been worried sick at work today he is always asleep when I go to work and normally when I get home too haha! However!! I walked in the door this morning and before I even shut the door I could here him meowing! Panicking I ran up stairs and he comes running towards me for cuddles! I then get to my kitchen to feed him and he has had a ball! All my pan lids on the floor?! I don't even know how! And in the front room not one of his toys have survived the day!! Looks like he was feeling off and has made up for it today! Atleast I know not to worry next month! Ill attach a photo of his poor mouse toy (it was a mouse... Honest!) Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1363805344.625292.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	10258

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Senior Cat

I always give my kitties their shots and they generally shrug it all off. My dogs got rabies and kennel cough yesterday tho and they're still relatively subdued. It takes a day or so to get the nasties out. If your kitty isn't feeling better this evening maybe call & speak with your vet.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Senior Cat

And never mind! I see I'm a bit late on this one. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page