Kitten crying all night with soft toy mouse in his mouth... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Kitten crying all night with soft toy mouse in his mouth...

So Linky is now crying all night long starting at about 1 am. I tried to figure out what is wrong but he doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with him as he is usually playing with his soft toy mouse when he begins. Then he continuously will cry and just walk around with his toy in his mouth. When it falls out or he puts it down he will stop crying. Then will pick it up and begin again. Does anyone know what could be wrong with him or is he just playing? Sometimes he will bring it to me and meow and look at me. I will say thank you and then he goes off and begins to play again. But in the middle of the night he doesn't do that. Sorry for the long post but I am still learning about kittens and was given two at the same time so double to questions. Thanks for all the help. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Cat

well if nothing seems wrong and its just a toy, could be wanting attention, kittens can be playful until they grow out of that playful stage.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Cat

How old is your kitten? If he is under 2 months he is looking for love (i. e. mamma or litter mates) Give him a soft cloth and/or a ticking clock, muffled by a towel. The clock has worked for me with a cat that was 4 months and somewhat unhappy when we moved into a new house. Mine also need a hiding place where she felt secure. She found such a good one that I finally had to put a bell on her to find her. (She came out when she wanted to, not when I was looking for her.) Kittens are such fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Kitten

Re: Kitten crying all night with soft toy mouse in his mouth...

you can try taking the toy away at night and see if he will keep crying..normally my kitten sleeps at that time and wakes up very early so maybe he should be sleeping at that time too... good luck though two kittens is a lot of work

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Linky is about 6 months old and so is Elmer. Elmer is more mellow and usually is sleeping most of the night. Linky is more active and much smaller then Elmer is and they were from the same litter. I would love to be able to give Linky some love but he will not let us touch him at all. He is still very skittish. The only time we can touch him is when he is eating. In case you are wondering why I am up at 2 am, it's because Ljnky is up playing. Now Elmer on the other hand is sleeping like a baby next to me. Weird how different they are.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmamma View Post
How old is your kitten? If he is under 2 months he is looking for love (i. e. mamma or litter mates) Give him a soft cloth and/or a ticking clock, muffled by a towel. The clock has worked for me with a cat that was 4 months and somewhat unhappy when we moved into a new house. Mine also need a hiding place where she felt secure. She found such a good one that I finally had to put a bell on her to find her. (She came out when she wanted to, not when I was looking for her.) Kittens are such fun!
Still learning how to do things on this forum. Linky and Elmer are about 6 Months I was told. Elmer looks it but Linky is much smaller.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Senior Cat

It's just playing. A few of my kitties will wander around the house with a random toy meowing. Mostly it's because he wants you to play with him.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Tom Cat

My sweet Hermione does this everyday. Usually around the same time. I read a couple of different theories on this. One is that she is collecting her babies. Another is that they are hunting and bringing you a present. Either way I think it's very sweet. Sometimes she sounds so distressed while doing this that I "help" her gather her "babies.". This usually calms her own.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Senior Cat

My Momma cat does this with her favorite toys. She has a yeoww catnip banana that she will pick up and carry around, and she will meow really loud with it in her mouth. I think its cute, but im glad she does it during the day and not in the middle of the night lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyfurbabies View Post
My sweet Hermione does this everyday. Usually around the same time. I read a couple of different theories on this. One is that she is collecting her babies. Another is that they are hunting and bringing you a present. Either way I think it's very sweet. Sometimes she sounds so distressed while doing this that I "help" her gather her "babies.". This usually calms her own.
It would be very cute if it wasn't at 1:30 in the morning. However, Linky is a male and neutered so why would he be calling for his babies( considering he can't have any). The other weird thing is that he doesn't actually bring me anything. He usually is doing is in the hallway or the other room. It is so loud that it wakes both my fiancÚ and I up every night. Thanks for the theories but still a little confused

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page