Lickorish talking after I awoke her... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Question Lickorish talking after I awoke her...

Last night, at some point, Lickorish got into bed and curled up next to me. I awoke to hear her whimpering, so I reached down to pet her. Apparently I awakened her from a dream, and she awoke with a start, and then 'meow meow meow meow meow meow..' for a minute or two. Not sure if she was skolding me for waking her up from a nice dream of chasing mice, or if she was just startled to find herself in my bed when she thought she was out chasing mice...she did lay her head down and go back to sleep. but what do you think she was 'meowing' about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Cool Cat

Lol, not sure. I've had this happen with my cats as well. I've woken them from dreams and they seem disoriented, meow continuously for a period 30 seconds or so, and then slowly settle down again. Sometimes they act needy when this happens as well, wanting to cuddle and be reassured. I've always gotten the impression from my cats that they've maybe had a bad dream when they wake up this way, though I've also woken them from what I suspect were good dreams. Cosette, my four year old torbie female, is a fantastic mouser, and there was a period of time this past fall (before we patched up the hole that the mice had chewed leading from the garage into our basement ceiling) when she was catching two or three mice a night some days. A week or so later, I accidentally disturbed her when she was sleeping really soundly on the couch. One second she was fast asleep, the next, her head had shot up, her ears and whiskers pricked forward, eyes dialated and darting around like "where'd it go?!"

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Senior Cat

Lickorish talking after I awoke her...

My girl cat sometimes does little kicks in her sleep, as though she's chasing mice in her dreams. I moved her a little one night (in bed and she was kicking me) and she woke up and was very unhappy with me!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Premier Cat

Zipper will violently kick in her sleep too. On the floor we sometimes try and gently wake her, but more often than not just ignore it. In bed with us it can get annoying so I gently nudge her until she wakes. She will normally get down and resume her dreaming on the floor. She just started doing this in the past year, so i've often thought it is related to her falling down the stairs last spring. She took a terrible tumble and broke her breastbone. I tend to think she is reliving that when she dreams, but it could very well be dreaming of younger days of chasing critters. She never really meows, it's just a very soft, almost silent meow.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page