cuddling - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Question cuddling

In the many years I've lived, I've had cats approach me in ways I never thought possible. For example, my friend Mark has a cat named LouLou (see my story in Cat Tails), and she is a very sweet cat. She's light orange, and has a very unbelievable sense of humor! She loves being held, loves giving hugs, purrs loudly in your ear, drapes herself around your neck, and loves having conversations. How friendly are your cats, and how do they show their affection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Jr. Cat

Orion has always been a lap-cat; purrs at the drop of a hat, sleeps on my chest when I'm awake and sitting down, and sleeps in my arms when I sleep for the night.

Castor is cuddler as well, but he doesn't purr nearly as much or as loudly. He's slightly more independent (as much as a Siamese can). He chooses when he wants cuddles, which is 23 hours a day, but in that 1 hour when he doesn't want cuddles, he will get up and leave :-D
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Orion must be such a sweetheart! I have a friend who owns a Bombay named Shadow (I have yet to meet him, and I will sometime soon), and from what I've heard, Shadow is such a friendly cat. He's playful, friendly, affectionate, and I've seen pictures of him. He's a handsome cat.

I miss my baby boy Nubey. We got him when he was a year old, and it only took him less than almost a week to get used to me & my grandparents. He was quite a handsome cat, and in real life, he might've been a Bombay cat, but I'm not sure. Anyways, he was very friendly, and loved giving me hugs & kisses. He'd purr in my ear, rub my face, massage me (he was front declawed), and had a very nice voice. He loved giving me kisses. He'd tuck me into bed at night during the winter, and he was my cuddle bug. He wasn't just friendly and loving, he was also playful! I'd put my hands in between the cushions of the couch upstairs, and he'd bat at my fingers, and he also loved it when I put my fingers under the covers of my bed. The one thing I loved most about him is that he loved using my right arm as a pillow. That purr of his would make me fall asleep. It's been almost a year and 2 months since he passed away at the age of 12. He wasn't eating, and we had to put him down. It was tough on all of us, but I know he's up in cat heaven, watching over me. To have him for a little over a decade is a privilege I'll never forget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Premier Cat

None of my 5 cats are overly affectionate. Two are lap cats, but can take it or leave it depending on what we are doing. All like affection, but it generally falls somewhere between very occasionally and quasi-frequently.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Jr. Cat

Sorry for your loss It's never easy to lose a cat, they are family to us.

My boys are 13 and still very active and plyafull for the standard 20-30 minutes each day when they chase each other and tear through the house, plus they haven't had any real health issues, so I'm bery hoepful I will still have them in my life for a good few more years, but just the thought of waking up one day to not find them in my arms is one of the most frightening thoughts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Cat

Chloe and I are new to each other so affection isn't something she allows at this point.

All of my mom's cats she's had over the years were either attention hogs or wanted nothing to do with it.

The cat she has now liked petting from time to time, but her most favorite thing is to be brushed. She also likes to sit up on the back of the couch and rub her head against the back of our heads. She will do that for quite some time and will get quite the purr going if she's rubbing against me - and this is a cat that NEVER purrs. She apparently only purrs with me, mom says it's because she misses me. Other than that, she usually goes to her favorite spot and snoozes, and could really take or leave affection otherwise.

Chloe: a moody, grey ball of energy
Cooper: a black goofy ball of love

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschloe View Post

The cat she has now liked petting from time to time, but her most favorite thing is to be brushed. She also likes to sit up on the back of the couch and rub her head against the back of our heads. She will do that for quite some time and will get quite the purr going if she's rubbing against me - and this is a cat that NEVER purrs.
Ah, another one! My Celia looks like she's on drugs when she does this. HUGE purr, eyes closed, head just rolling around and pushing into mine (or whoever's head is leaning back against the couch), occasionally grooming me.

She always wants cuddling and would stay on my lap 24/7 if she could, but she doesn't like to be picked up. Neither does Margaux, who's gotten more affectionate since she went blind, but she's never once sat on my lap. But she's the one who's always at the door waiting for me, sits in the bathroom with me, lies down next to me when I'm not feeling well, rubs up against me, follows me everywhere and gives me head butts to let me know that she wants her head and face scratched.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 AM
Jr. Cat

My first cat liked to lay up against you in bed, but not be held at all. He would start flailing almost instantly, wanting to get away. My next cat liked to sit on my lap, but not be held, and if you pet her or brushed her too long, she would get angry, try to bite you, and leave. My present cats are different. Timmy sometimes wants to be held, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he doesn't even want to be petted, other times he's really into it. Wink likes to be held like a baby, all the time. She almost demands it.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Tom Cat

cuddling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiniz View Post
Orion must be such a sweetheart! I have a friend who owns a Bombay named Shadow (I have yet to meet him, and I will sometime soon), and from what I've heard, Shadow is such a friendly cat. He's playful, friendly, affectionate, and I've seen pictures of him. He's a handsome cat.

I miss my baby boy Nubey. We got him when he was a year old, and it only took him less than almost a week to get used to me & my grandparents. He was quite a handsome cat, and in real life, he might've been a Bombay cat, but I'm not sure. Anyways, he was very friendly, and loved giving me hugs & kisses. He'd purr in my ear, rub my face, massage me (he was front declawed), and had a very nice voice. He loved giving me kisses. He'd tuck me into bed at night during the winter, and he was my cuddle bug. He wasn't just friendly and loving, he was also playful! I'd put my hands in between the cushions of the couch upstairs, and he'd bat at my fingers, and he also loved it when I put my fingers under the covers of my bed. The one thing I loved most about him is that he loved using my right arm as a pillow. That purr of his would make me fall asleep. It's been almost a year and 2 months since he passed away at the age of 12. He wasn't eating, and we had to put him down. It was tough on all of us, but I know he's up in cat heaven, watching over me. To have him for a little over a decade is a privilege I'll never forget.
So sorry to hear that...such great memories to cherish

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Ah, another one! My Celia looks like she's on drugs when she does this. HUGE purr, eyes closed, head just rolling around and pushing into mine (or whoever's head is leaning back against the couch), occasionally grooming me.

She always wants cuddling and would stay on my lap 24/7 if she could, but she doesn't like to be picked up. Neither does Margaux, who's gotten more affectionate since she went blind, but she's never once sat on my lap. But she's the one who's always at the door waiting for me, sits in the bathroom with me, lies down next to me when I'm not feeling well, rubs up against me, follows me everywhere and gives me head butts to let me know that she wants her head and face scratched.
My Billy was like that until I found out that he would sit on a pillow on my lap. Something about a plain lap just didn't do it for him, but a pillow on my lap was a magnet! Funny how they are.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page