Do your cats prefer a particular litterbox? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Kit
Jr. Cat

Do your cats prefer a particular litterbox?

I have two cats and two litterboxes. I find it so strange that they only pee in one, and do both in the other. They're the exact same box, just a different location. And they both do the same thing - only poop in one. The one in the basement is more secluded I suppose. But they're alone most of the day themselves anyway. I just find it interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Senior Cat

Do your cats prefer a particular litterbox?

Mine will always go to a litter robot if one is available. From there it depends on their size.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Cool Cat

My cats have two identical litterboxes side by side. For some reason they both always poo in the one on the left and pee in the one on the right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Premier Cat

I have two downstairs in a laundry room and two upstairs in an unused BR. The upstairs boxes get used more - probably because they are more isolated and private.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Cat Addict

A while ago I only had two cats(one is still alive). They had two litter boxes which they shared and were indoor / outdoor so could go outside. They weed in one and pooed in the other - never the twain did meet!!! Never worked it out but they both did the same so it's not far removed from your situation.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Cat Addict

I have one upstairs and one downstairs. Penny only uses downstairs. (Simon was the same way as Penny.) Nala splits her time between the two, but doesn't segregate No.1s and No.2s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeney Green View Post
My cats have two identical litterboxes side by side. For some reason they both always poo in the one on the left and pee in the one on the right.
smart cats. Wish mine do that. But hey I'm happy they both just go in a litterbox. At one point they were using the floor!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Cat

We also have multiple litterboxes and both of my cats prefer to use the same box.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Premier Cat

I have 2 identical litter boxes for 2 cats, both in the bathroom. For a long time, the ritual was pee in one, poop in the other. In my current place, due to the shape of the bathroom, they're sort of in an L shape, and now they have a preferred box and a back-up, it would appear. I haven't figured out if the preferred box is preferred simply because it's the first one they get to, or if it's because they have to turn a bit to get into the other one, or something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page