hiding - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

hiding

Can your cat hide in your house where you can't find him? I even know what room he comes out of and it has hardly any furniture and I can't find him in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Kitten

One of mine once found a gap between two cupboards. She could get in but couldnt get out. Meowed for hours before I figured out where she was. I suggest getting some treats when he is hiding going to the room and see where he emerges. It might surprise you!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Premier Cat

I have a closet under the stairs that I store Christmas stuff in and almost never go in to. Sam got back in there without my realizing it while my back was turned. I closed the door and didn't think a thing of it. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized he had not been on the bed all night and didn't come to breakfast. He never meowed that I know of so it took me awhile to find him. When I finally found him he was pretty happy to get out of that closet but he had peed and pooped on some stuff on the floor. Oh well. My mistake, not his.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
I have a closet under the stairs that I store Christmas stuff in and almost never go in to. Sam got back in there without my realizing it while my back was turned. I closed the door and didn't think a thing of it. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized he had not been on the bed all night and didn't come to breakfast. He never meowed that I know of so it took me awhile to find him. When I finally found him he was pretty happy to get out of that closet but he had peed and pooped on some stuff on the floor. Oh well. My mistake, not his.
This happened to me too, Marcia!

It's worse with two cats. Every door I open, they want to go in. When you are trying to get one out of the way, the other one sneaks in. One morning, I had to go to work. I got the coat out of the jacket, and of course the cats try to go in. I got them out, closed the closet door, and left the house. When I got home, I only see one cat. I called the other one's name, and I hear a small meow coming out of the closet!

I opened the door, panicking, and he just walked out, all calm and everything. He didn't even pee or poo in the closet, even though he was in there for about 10 hours. I asked him, "don't you wanna go pee or something?" and he was like "nope, I'm cool". Strange cat. I'm glad he didn't make messes in there.

These days I make sure to get visual confirmation of TWO CATS before leaving the house.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Premier Cat

I live in a pretty smallish apartment so I know all the hiding places. However, if I don't know which room they are in it could take me some time to figure out which hiding space they are in.

OR, I could just call them from the kitchen and then it's like a herd of elephants stampeding across the apartment.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Cat

I live in a one bedroom apartment so the hiding places, I thought, were minimal. Miss Chloe seems to have proven me wrong on that.

I can clearly see under the chairs and the sofa, she wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere in the bathroom, she wasn't behind the TV. I looked under the kitchen table, she wasn't there. She wasn't in my bedroom, or my closets. I checked the linen closet and my storage room, she wasn't in either of those. While she has been out of hiding now for about a week I still don't know where she was hunkered down but suspect it was behind the fridge as it was the only place I couldn't get at to check.

Chloe: a moody, grey ball of energy
Cooper: a black goofy ball of love

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page