A ruckus in the back yard today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat

A ruckus in the back yard today

We have hardly any feral cats around my neighborhood, though I did see two black cats having a howl-off two block away when walking our dogs.

This morning I went into the back yard and both of my cats (orange tabbies, fixed) were looking up the tree. Up in the tree was a black cat, and another black cat was on the fence looking down on all of this. After about a minute, the treed cat made a break for it and ran out of the yard with Arnold on the chase. Then Arnold walked down the fence and stopped 6 feet from the other black cat. More howling. A standoff.

I was getting impatient, so I let the dogs out and they saw the cat right away. Black cat #2 ran off in the other direction.

Could these two black cats that were arguing over territory have teamed up? Is a turf war brewing?

My catnip came up this week. Would fresh catnip attract cats into my yard?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Senior Cat

"My catnip came up this week. Would fresh catnip attract cats into my yard?" I imagine it could, but I think Spring might have more to do with it. I doubt ferals respect the no trespassing signs left by your kitties. I'm guessing that the issue isn't territory really though. Just male cats disputing with each other over some issue or another.

Mylita
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to LaurulFeatherCat
The cats in the area are always in my yard; they come for the catnip and for the dry food I leave out for the ferals. Not many cat fights in my yard; it is like my yard is Switzerland: I hear them fighting in all the other yards and out in the alley, but never in my yard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Arnold has ruled his 5 house kingdom for 7 years. I suppose the black cats will keep coming back until they get a good beating from him. The black cats can have the rest of the neighborhood, AFAIK. Why ask for trouble?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page