Does your cat groom you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Does your cat groom you?

My cat licks/grooms us quite a lot. I was wondering if that's common. I'm guessing she likes us and takes care of us like she would other cats, or may be she thinks we're dirty... I sometimes have to move her since it hurts when she stays on the same spot. Not to mention when she tries to clean my face while I sleep...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Cool Cat

Mine both do that, but especially Maisie. He likes to clean my hands while he sits on my lap. I think it's an affectionate gesture rather than him saying I'm dirty. At least, I tell myself that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Premier Cat

MowMow is always trying to groom my eyebrows. I let him take a couple of licks and thank him profusely for helping me to stay tidy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Cat

Luna does this several times a day. I had never known a cat to do that before I got her. She licks my hand and my face. She also does my hair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Banned

Mine will only lick if my hands happen to be near their body when they are grooming themselves. My girl and boy (litter mates) do this; the other feral (not from this litter) has never tried.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Cat Addict

my oldest kitty strokes my hair if she's face to face with me. it's really cute.

the middle cat doesn't do anything to me. I should feel lucky if he sits by me, since usually the only time he wants to be around me is if he wants food.

the youngest does this really gross hair-eating thing. it isn't grooming, it's more like really spitty chewing and it annoys me so much I have to make him stop. plus he kind of gagged once (i'd gag too if I were chewing someone's hair lol) and that really made me want to get him to stop doing it. the only time I catch him doing it is when I wake up, it must be the product because I had a cat a long time ago who liked to lick my hair and I still use the same thing.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Tom Cat

I get this early in the morning sometimes...sand paper on my face or eyes....lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to amz_raptor
It is my "other" friendly alarm clock when I hit the snooze key...... & head to sleep. The third alarm is someone slowly pushing the printer off the desk.... some people say cats can read minds. I think some can control humans lol
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Cat Addict

Mine has tried a few times. It's really uncomfortable and the rash afterwards isn't pleasant either, so no kitty kisses for Horton
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior Cat

My youngest does this, its so painfully, but I let him do it anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page