Cat Forum banner

He Must Lead with his Right

901 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jetlaya67 
#1 ·
Midnight, the wild cat, always has wounds on his right ear. He must lead with his right in his encounters with the foxes, groundhogs, dogs, other cats, etc., during his escapades. He has all the comforts available to him, but he chooses to head for the woods. Tough guy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Man's got protect his territory....... I'm pretty sure as he gets older and slower he'll start staying home a LOT more and he'll be grateful he has a safe place to hide out so the other cats don't hurt him.
You have that sooooo right! B.B. was the queen scrapper in our neighborhood. Nothing crossed her path and she wasted no time to make short work of anyone who thought they could.

This past year in particular, I have noticed that B.B. is spending a LOT more time around home. Anytime I go out in the garden, she is there, lounging on one of the chairs. When it cooler she will be upstairs on the guest bed, catching the sun on a comfy bed.

She's right as rain, clean bill of health, etc. But she has started to have a slower gate to her walk. It's no longer with purpose, now it's more like a mosey.
Oh, she's still nimble and can balance on top of the lattice perfectly. I think she's just a bit tired of all the battles. She's had many scars over the past 13 years. I suppose this is 'cat retirement'.

I have to admit, I enjoy knowing where she is and that she's not coming home with a new scratch, bit eat, chunk of fur missing, limp, ripped out claws, etc. Now we have things like "Spa day" (which she acts like she hates) lol she really does enjoy being spoiled and fussed over. :D

#5 ·
We have two big black former street toms in the shelter and they both have crumpled right ears. Of course at this point, we can't tell if it was from fights, mites, or frostbite.

Butler (FIV+) and Nakada both weigh in between 12-15 lbs of solid muscle. They've had their shares of wars.

But I'm guessing, even in their prime, they would have thought twice about messing with Midnight. That cat is bad***.

Just a coincidence it's the right ear for all three.

#6 ·
Midnight reminds me of my Franky. He is my stray/feral that we take care of. He also likes to roam and more than once has returned with a wound of some kind or another. And like Midnight he could be living in the lap of luxury if he just stayed close to home. I hope in time they will both mellow out and stop their wayward ways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.