Starnge Observation - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Starnge Observation

Hi All!

First, I have to give an update. After a loooong battle with our Artemis peeing EVERYWHERE, I am HAPPY to report that she has stopped! The vet put her on prescription Hill's food (which I wasn't happy about), and it cleared the crystals right up! It took a full 10 pound bag to see progress eating 1/2 cup a day, so patience was key, but we are moving into maintenance and she is a happy kitty once again.

Now for the strange thing I've noticed about her and her brother, Bacchus. They get along famously, they play, they groom, they sleep, all that fun kitty stuff. We did have a problem with them getting a little too rambunctious at night, in our bed, while we were sleeping. And once Artemis peed on us in the bed, we put them out until the pee debacle was solved. Once we put them out, it was so quiet at night, you could hear a pin drop. Not kidding! My fiancee has been out of town for work recently, and I decided to let them sleep with me...like the old days. The fighting started right up! Once they start fighting in the bedroom, it takes a few days for them to calm down and get back to being friends. I decided that they both want to control something in that room, and they can't agree to disagree, so they both have to stay out. They are OK if someone is awake and monitoring the situation, but once the lights go out or you leave, a free for all breaks loose. Sometimes, it gets too heated for my taste and it crosses the line from playing into fighting. Artemis is ALOT bigger than Bacchus and she really puts a whipping on him, and I don't need anyone hurting anyone else, so I made the decision to not give them free access to the room.

We are working on adding some cat climbing shelves to our tiny 900 square foot house and hope that adding the new space will help them establish more "quiet space". Artemis is the older (2 years to Bacchus' 5 months) and she already has the good spaces staked out and Bacchus is just trying to find his own space. Plus, he isn't fixed yet. Our vet won't perform the surgery until he is 6 months old. We are going out of town, so we are delaying it until we return (only by 2 weeks) just incase there are any complications. I'm a doting kitty mom, and would just prefer to be home before, during, and after surgery.

Just an observation I wanted to share. This is my first time owning strictly indoor cats, and I am never amazed by how different they are from dogs! I don't know how I ever got along without having a cat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to LaurulFeatherCat
Quite a revelation, isn't it, living with a cat. Absolutely unique experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page