Cat meowing for unknown reason... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cat meowing for unknown reason...

My cat Chino is just over 9 months old. He is a Ragdoll so he isn't allowed out as we live in a flat and there are other cats around. Lately he has been meowing at odd times. While we're in the lounge, he'll get up and go to the bedroom and meow constantly. It sounds like he is so sad. Also if we go to bed he will go to the lounge and meow some more. Like he's been abandoned for days! I'll get up and bring him to the room but he'll go back to the lounge and meow. if I ignore him he comes into the room and meows then if I ignore him further, he climbs the curtains!

He has food, clean water, has many toys, his litter box is clean. He gets a ton of attention and play time when we're home. He is actually quite spoilt. I even built him a jungle gym thing for him to climb, which he loves.

Eventually he comes in the early morning to come sleep by us and then he's lights out.

I've tried the spray bottle, which works sometimes but still don't know why he does it. Has only been doing it in the last month or so.

He isn't neutered which I think could be a part of the problem but why does he purposefully go into another room and meow like he's calling for us???

What do you guys say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Cat Addict

I'd get him neutered, yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Senior Cat

Yup, the hormones are a flowing and he's yowling and calling for the girls .... get him fixed ASAP or it may well get worse.

Jen - owned by ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lisbeth
RIP Miss Effie, Mme Coco, Basil, Horse & Toby
Be Happy in your new forever home Mr Tyrion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat face View Post
I'd get him neutered, yesterday.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Cat

Or he could just be vocal. Tequila, our Maine Coon talks like he is in pain and/or he's sad but it's just the way he talks. We know he's not either of the two cuz he stares at us with his tail is up and wagging.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

Get the poor boy fixed!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Cat Addict

i'm with everyone else. my middle cat is six years old and I got him fixed when he was eleven months. too late actually, but things got in the way. I also kind of forgot. he wasn't doing that then though, he started peeing on my bed. everyone was like, "neuter him, neuter him, that will fix it." it didn't though. i'm pretty it was for a completely separate issue, so your cat might keep yowling but he probably won't.

the same cat (Baci) has just recently amped up his pathetic yowl. he has had this call for a few years now, but it was limited to once or twice a week. now he does it every day and sometimes several times. it's the most pathetic thing you've ever heard. a cross between a baby crying and someone gargling. he's Siamese and i'm really used to them being vocal. but he always goes wherever i'm not and starts doing it. I ignore it and pretty soon he comes in with a toy, lately a catnip mouse. I always used to throw it first thing, then I thought well maybe he's bringing me a gift, so I would say thank you, and then he'd look at me like I should play. then sometimes he chases it and sometimes he doesn't. I think he just wants attention. I have a younger cat but they don't play together very often and I wish they would. I play with him, but he will often do it in the daytime and then he always does it right when i'm going to sleep so I don't think I can do much about it. I've tried to record it but my recorder must not be strong enough, plus he quits doing it, of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page