Kitty Games - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Kitty Games

Hi. Just curious....what are your cats favorite games to play? Looking for some new fun for delilah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Cat

My munchkins love Da Bird. Bella loves to chase and stalk it, while Dexter likes to catch it in the air. They also love to figure out how to get treats out of the peek a prize box. But by far their favorite game is chasing each other through the house and warp speed lol.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Senior Cat

Mine love the various Neko flies toys. They get bored if you use the same toy repeatedly, so I have a few different ones and cycle through them (I buy a new one whenever I buy a new bag of kobble - I'm up to 3 so far). These must be very well designed, because they always try playing with the toy while I'm still trying to get it out of the packaging!

Having said that, the younger one, Newton doesn't really need any specific toy to get going; whenever he's in his over-enthusiastic puppy mode, he loves to play variations of fetch with just about any object he can swat/claw/bite.

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Senior Cat

We do hide and seek, under the sheet mouse (my hands) while we do the bed and some clothes that I don't mind getting ripped if he pulled it too hard. We also do hide and seek behind the shower curtain or window curtain... Careful with the claws. They love chasing elastic hairbands and also plastic water bottle ring.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kitties!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Premier Cat

Well Robin likes to play King Of The Cat Tree Chase and Dare. All these games require another kitty which is why it's good he's got Smokey downstairs to play with. Dare is when a cat performs a breathtaking stunt-and then dares the other kitty to do it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Senior Cat

Their fave games of course chasing each other until one kitty gets upset and chasing the treats I throw.

Kitties!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Aww, sounds Is da bird a product? Sounds like she'd love it. Glad to know hair bands are ok she likes running up and down the stairs when we throw balls over the railing and chase type games, but we can't always be there to play with her. Sounds like we need another kitty.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAKitties View Post
We do hide and seek, under the sheet mouse (my hands) while we do the bed and some clothes that I don't mind getting ripped if he pulled it too hard. We also do hide and seek behind the shower curtain or window curtain... Careful with the claws. They love chasing elastic hairbands and also plastic water bottle ring.

My kitties love to chase my hands under the sheets - and in their cat tunnel (which is hilarious because they'll chase my hands on the top, get all upside down, etc.)

Mine also love these giant rubberbands (I mean GIANT). I got one a few years ago from the post office (they had bundled my mail in it), and found them at Office Depot. They are hilarious to play with. They'll shoot them up at the ceiling, across the room, etc. I would supervise if you have a kitty who's prone to eating stuff (though I'm not sure how they could eat these because they are very big).

Another really good one is pipe cleaners. They are dirt cheap and indestructable. You can drag them along the floor and they kind of bounce up and down (hard to explain), but cats (particularly kittens) love them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyatl View Post
Another really good one is pipe cleaners. They are dirt cheap and indestructable. You can drag them along the floor and they kind of bounce up and down (hard to explain), but cats (particularly kittens) love them.
In the beginning I bought them all kinds of little toys from the store (both cheap and pricey)... but now I know better They only like certain things and for the most part they are free and nothing fancy!

Kitties!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Cat Addict

Yep, boxes, old bottles, lids, etc. get way much more play than their store-bought toys. Though, the cat tunnel and laser pointer are faves.

Speaking of bottles, another good one is an old prescription pill bottle with a marble or bell in it. Granted, it's kinda noisy, but they love it. They'll swat it around the floor for hours.

Last edited by marie73; 09-19-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page