Anyone tried invisible fence? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Anyone tried invisible fence?

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of their products, either the outdoor or indoor. It looks like have the traditional fence and some products that make certain areas off limits. It at least looks interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Cat Addict

Any sort if electric fence is a terrible idea for cats. When they startle they pretty much just lose it, so the cat could freak out and jump the fence, or attack who ever is standing nearby, or get stuck in a tree ect.

Tbh they don't work for dogs anyways since they create a false sense of security but many dogs learn to run through the shock. Also, it won't prevent other animals from entering your yard by itself.

If you want your cats to be safe outside its best to either be out there with them on a leash or to build a fully enclosed (roof too!) Catio pen
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Cool Cat

I think they should be banned... any sort of shock collar/system. For the reasons outlined above as well as many others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 AM
Premier Cat

Electric fencing can work for horses and other livestock, but to many times I've seen where people have problems with it when its been used for dogs. I would never try it for cats for the aforementioned reasons.

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarychick View Post
Any sort if electric fence is a terrible idea for cats. When they startle they pretty much just lose it, so the cat could freak out and jump the fence, or attack who ever is standing nearby, or get stuck in a tree ect.

Tbh they don't work for dogs anyways since they create a false sense of security but many dogs learn to run through the shock. Also, it won't prevent other animals from entering your yard by itself.

If you want your cats to be safe outside its best to either be out there with them on a leash or to build a fully enclosed (roof too!) Catio pen
Yup, librarychick is right....other animals can still get in..and dogs do go through these....seen it with my own eyes...not sure how much shock it would give a cat! Cats are a lot smaller than the dogs I saw with the fences....and what if a fox, or a dog enters the yard? If the shock is bigger for a cat...it could end up trapping the cat with whatever came in the yard..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Senior Cat

I don't like these products. Efficient boundry training for dogs works immensely better than the shock collars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page