Help.. pee on the bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Help.. pee on the bed

Okay, so here's the deal - this time I am BELIEVING that this is TOTALLY my fault, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I have six cats. When I brought Luigi into my house I had everyone but Sampson, so he had 4 other cats to compete with. and of course the dogs.. so it was a lot for him to kind of 'accept' and I think he was anxious, so he peed on my bed two times, a week apart from eachother. I bought the Feliway diffuser and I bought feliway spray and I bought cat attract litter.

Yesterday Mike and I went for our first official motorcycle ride (his bike has been out of commission this season, and his Dad just gave him an awesome goldwing - and Mike was so excited he fixed it up over the last week) ANYWAYS.. we came home to PEE on the bed. I am so mad about it, BUT I still love my bugger and always will.

The last time this happened I had such a hard time getting the stink out of the mattress, so I put a shower liner on under the fitted sheet and the mattress over the section he usually pees, or I should peed the first two times, and of COURSE he peed in the middle of the bed, like 2 INCHES away if that! DANG IT.

(The reason I say it is my fault is because I didn't get a chance to clean the boxes and I am thinking he may have been possibly mad about that - atleast I am hoping, if not another vet visit will be in store.)

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS PEE STANK OUT? I don't want to be sleeping on my couch for a week while messing around with different ways to get the smell out. I just can't do it, last time it made me SO cranky.

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.

Last edited by marie73; 09-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Premier Cat

You need to get a good quality urine odor remover like Nature's Miracle and let it soak in. You have no choice but to let it dry for a week. You've got to get all of it out. Good luck - NOTHING worse than bed peeing problems. AND RULE #1: KEEP THAT LITTER BOX CLEAN!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I am usually very good about the boxes but I was so lazy and now I know. (If that's why he did it) lol I have natures miracle and let it soak overnight but it is dry this morning and still reeks ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover Danielle View Post
I am usually very good about the boxes but I was so lazy and now I know. (If that's why he did it) lol I have natures miracle and let it soak overnight but it is dry this morning and still reeks ...
Keep soaking - it needs to get thoroughly into the fibers of the mattress. It may be a lost cause - you may just need to replace the mattress. If you do, get sheets of plastic from any fabric shop. They sell it by the yard. Or you can google waterproof mattress covers. You can buy a king sized one on Amazon for $34.

Last edited by Marcia; 09-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Senior Cat

Oh Danielle, I feel your pain! I got a fitted waterproof matress cover to protect my bed from Choco-cat. Pee on the sheets is one thing, sheets can be laundered, but pee on the matress is an entirely different mess. The last time Choco-cat peed on the bed, I had the waterproof cover on, so it was less of a problem, but she still somehow managed to pee right on the edge, so the side of the matress itself got a bit damp as well. Litterbox issues are the worst, but you resolved the issue once, so hopefully you'll be able to resolve the problem again. Good luck!

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

I say clean the litter box and see if that clears up the issue of him peeing on the bed, if it doesn't then a vet visit is in order to check for UTI.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

It's not exactly the action of peeing on the bed I am too concerned about - what I was hoping for was some options to get the stink out. This is a king sized mattress, and it wasn't cheap. I had a shower liner inbetween the sheets and mattress but he missed that, so once I get the stink out of the bed, I WILL be getting a good cover to put on in hopes that if he everrrr does it again it won't go onto the mattress again.

I am soaking the mattress again in some Natures Miracle, last time I had to use baking powder, dawn's dish soap.. and I think it was hydrogen peroxide, but we did so many different things and it was such a pain in the bum. I was hoping for some more options.

I don't think it has anything to do with medical BUT if it does continue a vet visit will be scheduled. I am thinking that since the boxes weren't clean and because his feliway diffuser ran out that could've been it? Who knows! But we'll find out. I just want to sleep in my bed and not on the couch.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcuddles View Post
I say clean the litter box and see if that clears up the issue of him peeing on the bed, if it doesn't then a vet visit is in order to check for UTI.
..This is exactly what I thought......
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

His peeing is totally behavioral, he has not been having trouble peeing or anything so I am not so worried about that.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

I heard that vinegar will get the smell out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page