Lexie's cat box fixation - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Lexie's cat box fixation

When i go in and start scooping the cat litter, our sweet 11th month old tuxedo kitty will run from wherever she is in the house to watch me scoop & put the litter in the litter locker. She can be sound asleep and when she hears me, I can hear her running toward me. She just sits there watching until I'm done then she goes back to what she was doing. I'd love to know what she's thinking when she does this! She is so funny. Our last kitty was 17 when we had to say goodbye so we really had forgotten how entertaining a kitten is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Cat

Hehe Tami does the EXACT same thing, it's like she is just overseeing everything, making sure I get all the nasty stuff and top up/clean if necessary. Silly humans need reminding, you see.

Click to give - it's free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Cat Addict

I had two foster kittens, Gonzo and Camilla, who were obsessed with it too. They would both climb in and "help" me (digging and scratching). It was so cute. That's much better than one of my older boys who flings his brother's poop out of the box for unauthorized use (one has his own litter box and is VERY territorial about it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Tom Cat

My kittens are interested too. I think they like a fresh box, but my husband suggested that maybe they are intrigued that I'm always scratching in there but not using it! HA!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Jr. Cat

Sheldon does the same thing- she's around 14 weeks old now and will sit and stare at me when I scoop, sometimes jumping onto the toilet to peer inside at the sand I just dropped in there. I don't like it when she pays too much attention to the toilet (really don't want to fish a poopy cat out of the toilet or have her make a game of pawing at the contents) but I don't mind her watching me scoop.

Scooping boxes is like some weird version of a zen garden, I kind of like it? lol.

Me? Crazy?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Cat Addict

Well, I have a litter box for them but it's one of those emergency use only boxes, so there isn't a whole lot of scooping to watch.. BUT we have a 'flower bed' with a big old lilac tree/bush growing in the middle of it. The flower bed itself is pretty big and used regularly lol.
About twice a season, the lilac sprouts grow through and need trimming off. This will leave the nice dark, clean earth for a nature litter box.
My DH and I flip coins to see who is going to do the out door cat loo. (it's a real popular job LOL) THEN we get the kitties around, watching for a bit but then it gets boring. It takes about a half hour to do so its not laborious, just.... risky LOL

We just had to do that today, in fact lol hopefully this will be it now till next spring! (fingers crossed)

Oh, plants! watering indoor plants.. I have two out of three cats that will follow when I do that. One of them is just like your lil tuxie no matter where or what she is doing, she'll be there, right by that plant, watching me water it. <shrugs> I have no idea why she cares so much lol

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Jr. Cat

My Nash does this too! He will practically climb on top of me to watch. Sometimes he actually goes while I'm in the process of scooping. I guess the bright side of this is I can scoop it out right away rather than it sitting there stinking all day! And, as gross as it may be, I can inspect for anything out of the ordinary.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Cat Addict

One of my fosters would go sometimes while I was scooping too and then look at me like "aren't you gonna clean that up?" He would jump on top of the litter box lid and peer into it (upside down) while his sister was going too. Poor girl! No privacy with brothers...

Last edited by marie73; 09-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Jr. Cat

LOL I don't know if he does that to his sister. In the few months they've been here, I think I've only actually seen her use the litter box once. She likes her privacy, unlike her brother.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Cat Addict

They were quite the pair. A couple of times, he hid on the lid of the box, then ambushed her when she came out. She usually won the fights, so he didn't do that too many times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page