Cats that just make a mess? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cats that just make a mess?

Okay, so every single time my cats use their litter boxes they kick so much litter out I don't even know what to do, and though I am constantly sweeping because of cat hair, it kind of stinks to keep sweeping the cat litter ALL the time, every single time I step out of my bed I get cat litter on my feet because there are two boxes in my room.

Any ideas/suggestions for such a thing?

More information - I have one box not covered, two boxes with a cover, and one igloo type of litterbox (to keep the dogs out from having snacks )

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover Danielle View Post
More information - I have one box not covered, two boxes with a cover, and one igloo type of litterbox (to keep the dogs out from having snacks )
Barf. My Mom's dog does this too. He's a miniature doxie, so it's hard to keep him out. You'll see him walking around with litter remnants on his nose all of the time. He's gotten a few bacterial infections from it, so you'd think he would stop. But nope, he still eats it.

I've tried the pellet/pine stuff, but my cats just stare at it. They won't even step foot in the litter box. Do you have litter mats? The ones I use have little round recessed indentations all over so the litter falls into them. I still get some fallout, but not as bad as having nothing.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 AM
Cool Cat

My one doxie and my terrier are kitty snickers addicts too. I have a covered litterbox with a flap to keep them out... unfortunately, I think Mouse has figured out how to get in... as I've been smelling it on her breath lately... uggh I use a litter matt too... seems to work, for the most part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Senior Cat

Have you tried a top entry litterbox? They're supposed to help keep litter inside in one place. They're relatively inexpensive to make too, if you wanted to try going that route instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind but found my soul."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDogs&Cat View Post
My one doxie and my terrier are kitty snickers addicts too.
Oh man!! I WAS just about to go make breakfast!!! ... and like I'll NEVER look at a Snickers bar the same way again!!! (runs out of the room in hysterics) aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Premier Cat

OH Catface!! ROFLMAO!! Snickers indeed!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Premier Cat

I use a high sided box but still get litter all over the floor. I can't use a top box because two of my cats are so old and can't jump anymore. I think it sticks in between their paws then gets tracked all over. The other night there was kitty litter between my sheets! Ugh - aarrgghh!! I HATE that! At lease I don't have any Snicker addicts here!!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDogs&Cat View Post
My one doxie and my terrier are kitty snickers addicts too. I have a covered litterbox with a flap to keep them out... unfortunately, I think Mouse has figured out how to get in... as I've been smelling it on her breath lately... uggh I use a litter matt too... seems to work, for the most part.
My Mom calls them tootsie rolls. For whatever reason, they are like crack to dogs. I don't get it.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyatl View Post
My Mom calls them tootsie rolls. For whatever reason, they are like crack to dogs. I don't get it.
This is why the cats have a gated safe room at my house!! I don't have to worry about my dogs getting into
"Kitty Business!" LOL!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Senior Cat

I don't really have any suggestions for keeping your floors clean, but is it possible the dogs' poop eating is related to a deficiency of some kind? Potassium is what first springs to mind, but if it's only cat excrement that gives the dogs the munchies, it could be something else. Of course, they could also just enjoy the taste of cat poop. <--- we need a real barffing emoticon. There are enough potentially disgusting discussion topics on catforum that I think it's warranted.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page