What type of litter box do you use? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Question What type of litter box do you use?

As of right now I'm using 2 separate boxes for my 2 cats, but I'd like to just get 1 big one and be done with it. Having 2 is annoying. Not to mention they aren't big. I know some peoples cats here are picky and will only use a very clean litter box but my cats don't seem to care. I scoop both boxes once a day.

Anyways, what type of litter box do you use?

I wish I could afford something awesome like the Litter Robot, WAY too expensive though.

I HATE scooping litter more than anything. I'd love to get a sifting box, but I haven't found a good one. The Omega Paw one you roll looked promising until I read reviews about poop getting stuck in the grid and things like that. Now I'm back to square one trying to find a box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Kitten

Corner Litterboxes W/lid

They have litter boxes that go in corners now. They are much bigger, I found mine at petsmart. They kind of look like a triangle and have lids .. very nice because my male cat would always poop in the back corner and miss out of the side of the box.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Cat Addict

covered - the girls want their privacy and the litter box they have indoors is in a very busy utility room. Mostly they go outside, behind a tree or bush.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Cat Addict

Uncovered - the girls tend to like to know who's around them and keep half an eye on everyone around in case of any sneak attacks during their vulnerable moment.

I don't mind scooping so I just use the standard box. Mine has the attachment around the upper rim so that kicked litter has less of a chance to travel outside the box.

I don't know if it would be better than scooping, but you can buy sifting liners that you pull out instead of having to scoop.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Senior Cat

If you're getting a single litter box for two cats, I would recommend the jumbo-sized Whisker City one. I have the smaller sized one, and even though I have two boxes (the other one is smaller), both of my cats prefer using the Whisker city one 95% of the time. I may eventually get rid of my other one and get the jumbo one myself

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
If you're getting a single litter box for two cats, I would recommend the jumbo-sized Whisker City one. I have the smaller sized one, and even though I have two boxes (the other one is smaller), both of my cats prefer using the Whisker city one 95% of the time. I may eventually get rid of my other one and get the jumbo one myself
Ohhh I should also point out, it has to have a lid/cover. I don't like seeing exposed litter, and the cats don't mind the lid.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Jr. Cat

I use the Breeze system. Uncovered, but easy to clean and does not stink! However it may be a little small for two grown cats.

I would ask how well your data use the same box, though. Mine prefer their own, and with one box I had lots of messes around the house.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancekat View Post
I use the Breeze system. Uncovered, but easy to clean and does not stink! However it may be a little small for two grown cats.

I would ask how well your data use the same box, though. Mine prefer their own, and with one box I had lots of messes around the house.
My cats used the same box before, but I was under the notion that 2 cats = you MUST have 2 litter boxes. Honestly I think it's bull. My family growing up always had only 1 box for our 2 cats. I even have a friend who uses 1 box on her 3 cats; now I think that's pushing it.

I think it all depends on your cats and how picky they are.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Cat Addict

I have several large covered ones. Two of them are the "sifting" kind, but honestly, it's such a hassle (mainly because the litter is so heavy, and it's really not that easy to pickup and sift, and switch pans, etc.). I just scoop. A lot.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Jr. Cat

Homemade litter boxes.
Got two big 45 gallon rubbermaid bins and cut a hole in the side.
I'd like to get some clear ones but I haven't found any that are tall enough.

Rescued is my favorite breed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page