Does my new cat need a cat bed? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Does my new cat need a cat bed?

I am almost to the big day and have been going over and over my house to make sure all is ready. I have a cat tree in two different rooms but have not put a actual bed on either one. I plan to give full access to all furniture and my own bed. Should I buy a actual cat bed for one of the car trees? Also I just left a local Goodwill store for other non-related stuff and noticed the large selection of giant plush pillows, would these work just as good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Cat Addict

Cat beds are nice, but many cats don't use them. The favorite places in my house are the back of the sofa cushion, behind the drapes, the middle of the kitchen floor, the bathmat in my bathroom, dining room chairs, etc., pretty much every place except the cat beds. Every once in a while, I'll catch Scout sleeping on one.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyatl View Post
the back of the sofa cushion, behind the drapes, the middle of the kitchen floor, the bathmat in my bathroom, dining room chairs, etc.,
Sounds like the last dog that I had. Ain't it funny how they can lay down like on hard concrete right next to something soft?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
tgw
Cat

Our Emily will sleep almost anywhere, since she has the run of the house. In the winter she likes her enclosed bed, which in the summer can be converted to a open bed. She also likes various chairs, our bed, closet floors, the bathroom carpet, etc.

I would wait for awhile and she where she sleeps. Sometimes just a blanket folded up will entice her.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Cat

I wouldn't say you need one! I have bought 3 different ones in the past and its used for the first couple of days - then the novelty wears off I guess...

Back of the couch, under/in blankets and sweaters, your lap, and the newest thing in my house is the 2 HUGE dogbeds I got for my Rottweilers! The dogs were banished to the floor and Gizmo claimed one bed while Whisper claimed the other one! (That might have been "just because I can" kind off thing but the cats have slept on those for weeks!)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Cat Addict

I covered both my sofas with a blanket and they sleep on them most of the time. I think sometimes on the chair under my dining room table. There is a table cloth on top and she likes that.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Cat Addict

My cats in all my years have never slept in all the beds I bought...until now....gizmo and marshall will both (at seperate times) sleep in the egg I bought...thought it would be good for rescues...feeling secure in a partially covered bed. BUT they also sleep all over the house...on a box, on the rug, next to the kitchen floor, on the copy machine, on my lap, if I'm in the reclyner....gizmo loves to lay on top of the chair when I'm on it, marshall loves to sleep on the cable box. Attached a piccy of gizmo in the egg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giz%20in%20egg.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	34225  

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Premier Cat

I love "The Egg"!! Where on earth did you find that??!! :p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Cat Addict

T was one of the "deals" on living social...but still expensive..for me. It also goes with my bedroom...which has a zen ish type vibe. Heck I just thought it was cute and had to have it... . I was praying when I bought it...I only had gizmo then and whew! She liked it. I think I got it for 50? After I bought it I saw one in the outline of a cat face but more than double that price...but it was cute. Its made out of hard plastic...easy to wipe down
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyatl View Post
Cat beds are nice, but many cats don't use them. The favorite places in my house are the back of the sofa cushion, behind the drapes, the middle of the kitchen floor, the bathmat in my bathroom, dining room chairs, etc., pretty much every place except the cat beds. Every once in a while, I'll catch Scout sleeping on one.
Zenobi rarely,if ever, used the bed I bought her, but it was her bed. Nobody touch; nobody move it. Missy knew it existed, but didn't bother with it until it was given to her (after Zenobi died) and she became very excited. She's sleeping in it now.

Zenobi spent the first two nights i nthe house sleeping in the computer chair.

JusJim

Last edited by jusjim; 11-05-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page