Link is peeing on my bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Link is peeing on my bed

This isn't an emergency in anyway, nor is it really causing any problems since i do have a system worked out.

What happens is, i have two cats. Link and Pixel. Link is a very, affectionate black cat i have. He's great, after some initial problems we've gotten everything going well.

Sadly, one issue is that he pee's on the bed. It's not a UTI issue, it's not a dirty litter box thing. (They have three, two of them being huge plastic containers that they love to sit and scratch around in when using it, saved my walls too!)
If i leave him in there even for a little bit he'll go on it, often on me as well!

I think he gets lonely, or is just very demanding in attention as he will try and go under the door to get into my room, so much so i had to take my old computer chair plastic sheet and modify it to fit the door frame so he'd stop damaging the carpet. Which he hates, but works wonderfully. This happens every night, though thankfully it usually happens after my alarm goes off so he's an annoying second alarm.

Any suggestions on how to resolve it? I would prefer if my cats could at least be in the room with me, especially once it starts getting really cold so they can enjoy sleeping next to me and the electric blanket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Cat

I don't know what to tell you with this cuz my female does it too and she's 13 lol. With her it's an attention thing. She's my baby and through the years when she doesn't't get her attention that's when I get it. I can't tell you how many times I've washed that comforter. But I love her to death, just have to make sure I always give her enough time and its all good.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Premier Cat

After buying a $1800 mattress set, I bought a waterproof liner to go under the covers. My cat's don't pee on the bed, but I've read about it here happening so often I figure it's just a matter of time and age (for me and them!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Cat

Yeah Marcia I did that too. Prevents it from going in the mattress but your still washing your sheets and blankets each time lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page