Does your cat bring you toys? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Does your cat bring you toys?

Sasha regularly brings me a toy. Usually it's her toy on a stick and she will insist I play with her. If I am busy doing something on the computer she will bug me until I give in. If Bill is home sometimes she will take it to him if I don't respond quickly enough.
Sometime she will bring me other toys too like her stuffed animals. Today she found one of my socks and brought it to me.
Another thing she does is gather all of her stuffed toys into one area and sing to them.
I have only had one cat before Sasha and Pacey didn't do any of these things. Bill has had several cats and he's never seen anything like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Cat Addict

My cat loves to bring me a couple of toys that are furry animals. She howls when she bring them. Her son runs immediately as I think it is the call of I have food. I figured she is pretending that she is catching these critters. Even when I am not home, I find them on my bed or near her son. Since sometimes this is at night and I am sleeping, I just say thank you and that seems to satisfy her and quiet her.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Senior Cat

Oh yes! I regularly wake up to toys in my bed. If I'm busy at the computer for an hour or so, and then get up there are about 5 different toys from stuffed mice to whole wand toys all around my chair. Often she gets me stuff that I put in a cupboard!
She also has an old shoelace that she adores and she takes it to her bed and if the food bowl is empty, she drops it in there. Or the water dish, which is always fun because the shoelace will soak up all the water. Good times! But I wouldn't change it for the world!

Sent from Petguide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I can see that being the case with her other stuffed toys.
The one on a stick though she clearly wants me to play with her.
Well as I'm saying that I think about the times she has brought it to my bed at night. I know she is there and she'll curl up with me. I don't know the toy was there until I wake up.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Cat Addict

Oh yes... Jasper fetches toys when I throw them too. Usually when he's making a racket downstairs he's got a toy and is planning to bring it upstairs if we don't come down to see it.

Yesterday he poked his head through my door, which wasn't easy since it was pretty much closed, and he was carrying a toy he dropped once he got in my room. This morning he gathered his two favorite toys and sat them down side by side then he just sat beside them in the hallway waiting for someone to throw them. When I walked the dogs later in the day both toys were on the bottom stair side by side and when I came home one was on the landing and one was upstairs outside my bedroom. I just went looking for them now and they're both missing. Who knows where he's taken them...

Here's a picture I took of Jasper outside my bedroom door with his favourite mouse (he has two that look identical):

Along with the dogs
and
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Premier Cat

It truly is wonderful about Jasper!!
He has obviously blossomed under your care, love and patience!!
He is so cute standing there with his mousey!!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Tom Cat

I wish!

Naw my cats don't bring me toys, and they certaintly don't fetch. So jealous!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Senior Cat

Playing fetch is one of Newton's favourite activities, but it's not straight-forward, I throw something, he runs off and brings it back. He likes running all over the place... past me, around me, from one room to the next, run past the toy, run right up to the toy, skid to a stop, then run back towards me. During all this excitement, he will pick up the toy and bring it to me, but he'll also do a lot of other silly stuff in between.

Caretaker of two black cats

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Playing fetch? Oh that is so cute!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Cat Addict

I have a house cleaning job every other week, my sister's house, and her kitten Mittens LOVES to play fetch! I throw her mouse across the floor, she immediately brings it back to me. Also, as I'm taking the sheets of the bed, I throw the pillow cases one at a time onto the floor and she dives onto the floor after it, then she jumps back up and waits for me to throw the next one, it is the cutest thing. Then as I put the clean sheets back on the bed, of course, she has to get underneath the sheets as i'm putting them on.

My own cat, Taffy, he hunts socks every morning. I have a small basket of unmatched socks on my dryer, and he goes and gets one at a time, and brings them and lines them up in the hallway, or sometimes he leave them in a big circle. He mews the entire time he does this, and if he sees you looking at him with the sock in his mouth, he will drop it and run, it is the funniest thing ever. He does it every single morning. https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...61666293_n.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page