Matrix isn't a Happy Kitty Right Meow. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Matrix isn't a Happy Kitty Right Meow.

A few days ago, my mom kicked me out, so I moved in with a friend (along with my dog, two ferrets, hamster, and of course, Matrix).

Since Matrix will now have full run of the entire house (whereas before, he was just in my room), I wasn't sure if he'd try to scratch anything. At my mom's house, he liked to scratch the door frame, but he stopped after a while.
Just in case, I went and got him some Soft Paws and a collar with a tag.

I think Matrix deemed today "Let's Torture the Cat" day. First I had to put his collar and tag on. He's never worn one in the 11 years he's been alive, so needless to say, he wasn't too happy about it.
Then I had to clip his nails, which may have been easier if he wasn't already mad at me, but he let me get it done.

THEN I had to get the Soft Paws on his nails (might as well take the bullet out of the barrel, right?) He was like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, HUMAN?"

He let me put all the caps on (with a bit of a fuss), and he started walking around all weird for about ten minutes.

He seems to be less mad at me right now. He's not quite sure what to think when he goes to eat and that weird shiny thing on his collar tings against the bowl. LOL

He'll get used to it all, though. Eventually....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Kitten

Poor guy!

I went through a phase of trying to use soft paws. Two of them were "okay" with it, but not Rocky. He would bite and bite and yank till he got them all pulled off Now, they just scratch (and get scolded).

Rocky also wore a collar with a bell the first oh, 3 years of his life? He was teeensy when he was little and I always thought I'd lose him somewhere in the apartment, lol! But he grew up and decided he didn't want to wear a collar, so he'd always take it off in my roommate's room, where he knew I'd never find it. Every few days, she'd come across it in there and bring it to me. So Rocky & I came to the agreement that he was a big boy and didn't have to wear a collar anymore.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat

He's only pulled on them once, but I got onto him and he's left them alone after that.

He seems okay with his collar so far. He's itching it (since he isn't used to it) but he's not trying to get it off. I got him a little dog collar, since all the cat collars had bells. I know I wouldn't want a bell jingling on my neck all the time, haha. The tag is bad enough.

I just got him a collar in case one of the roommates lets him out by accident. He's chipped, but I wanted a visible form of ID on him so people know he's a pet if he happens to get out. (Hopefully that doesn't happen, though).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Cat Addict

You're going to want to get a cat collar, one that is either all elastic (my fav.) OR one that has a safety quick release, buckle. Cats are more prone to get themselves tangled by their collars then a dog is, since dogs don't climb all that much.

Even in the house it can be dangerous, and if Matrix can't get the collar off, it could be very traumatic.

The tag "tinging" against the bowl, may drive him mad or not. But if it does and he starts pulling off his collar (like ALL three of mine started doing in revolt) you can get one of those slide over the collar type of tags.

I got them for all my cats now, they love them (there is no noise when they eat), I love them (they are not ripping collars off) it's a win win all around.

just suggestions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page