I just saw what looked like the meanest muzzle on amazon - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I just saw what looked like the meanest muzzle on amazon

was browsing through since they sent me an email saying that certain cat things were on sale... so i looked through.

it was a muzzle, but it covered their entire face! their mouth, their eyes, everything! there was just the tinyest hole for their nose. It just looked so cruel! i know it wouldnt "hurt" them but for a cat to not be able to see its surroundings, on purpose... it just sounds so cruel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Cat Addict

I understand your initial thought in seeing a cat muzzle, but you have to remember that a cat is not going to wear a muzzle the way a dog does.

A cat will be put in a muzzle generally to administer much needed medical treatment, that the cat itself would be resistant to because of fear.
Also,something as simple as trimming claws or maybe some types of grooming.

The cat itself can be normally a friendly house cat that just freaks under certain circumstances or a feral that is stressed to the max.

If a cat can't see where to administer its damage, it is extremely helpful to the vet or whoever has to tend to the cat.

Cat bites often become infected quickly and can get very messy, even more so then a dog's. Not to mention the multitude of scratches if the cat had the opportunity to administer.

Hopefully that helped ease the dislike of seeing a cat muzzle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Premier Cat

HA! I bought one of those!! Really!!. We use it on Maddie when we have to dunk her butt into water to clean it because she WILL bite! It does help to have their eyes covered and there is a good sized breathing hole but we've never had it on her for more than one or two minutes. We used it on Sam too for the same reason. It really does not hurt them and I think it helps calm them tremendously to not be able to see what is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Cat

Cat muzzles do cover the eyes to calm the cat down. also, if you've ever been bitten by a cat or are trying to administer medical care on a cat that's freaking out, you would see its necessary
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned

Yup... go on YouTube and look up "cats and vets" or just "Unhappy Cat" or "Unhappy Cat 2.0" and you'll see the spritzing some cats do at the vets. There's even a video tutorial demonstrating restraint techniques on a cat that the tech says was "fired" from several vet practices due to very fractious behavior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page