My cat is bullied by neighbour's cat - please help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

My cat is bullied by neighbour's cat - please help

Hi
My cat Rosie is 2.5y old and recently became an outdoor cat. She is very friendly but feisty little thing, recently she has been introduced to the outdoors and loves going outside. We have a massive that leads into the forest so she doesn't wonder far and she loves it.
however the other day she has a stand off with the neighbour's black cat, there were stand off stances, body postures, hissing and spitting and the black cat ran off. Then last night Rosie was thinking of going outside was wasn't and then i saw the black cat sitting on the steps of our garden staring at her, she sat in the open window and hissed at him. The he got up and sprayed on our hedge and left. Rosie didnt leave leave the house that night afterwards.
I felt really bad for her as she was clearly bullied by that black cat, who also marked our garden right in font of her, what an offence! Plus she is new to the outdoor world and i feel really bed that she is already met with intimidation from another cat.
i see this cat a lot, he seems to be outside all the time, the neighbours don't seem to care much for him (i assume its a male as he sprayed) as i saw him sleeping outside their front door once on a very cold night.

please can you advise anything with regards to this situation, any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated. many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Premier Cat

A lot of the problems will be solved by having the cats neutered and spayed. Otherwise unless the neighbor is willing to rein in his cat there isn't much you can do. Talk to neighbor about getting his boy fixed.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Cat Addict

Hope your female doesn't start marking in the house because of this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inle View Post
Please can you advise anything with regards to this situation, any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated
I would strongly advise you keep her indoors. If you want to give her outside time then build an outdoor cat enclosure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page