Do I dare set up the tree with 6 cats?! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Do I dare set up the tree with 6 cats?!

This is the first time ever we have had 6 cats.
Half of them are rescued and fosters, but woah!
We have a fake tree, so I'm a bit concerned they will eat it.

Should I be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Cat

I'm not sure .. you go first and then tell me
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Nuuuu :<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Premier Cat

I had hopes there were pictures!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Tom Cat

This is my first year having cats, I have 2 now! I usually set up a tree but this year I'm too scared to! I know they'd get into it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Premier Cat

Oh its a lot of fun! You can spend the season guarding the tree!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Cat

I am down from 4 to 3 cats and the worst we had to put up with was a little hissy fight over the lack of room under the tree! All of mine LOVE sleeping there.
We have a few strands of tinsel (don't care if it's tacky ) and if a strand brushed them while walking under they would stop and look around not knowing what the heck it was! Lol

We have had a fake tree but last year and this year we decided to go with a real one and there have never been issues with the tree or the decorations.

My best friend on the other hand - her cat leaves the tree itself alone but she is forever batting the decorations off and she plays with it around the house.. Lol
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Tom Cat

I have 6 kitties and we got a real tree this year. Last year Ramona was the kitten, and we had a fake tree... she knocked that thing over like 8times. :\ This year we have Sampson.. the funny part about this is, Ramona is a great cat and has always been the best kitten and most well behaved kitten we had ever had, and Sampson is total opposite, he is a PAIN in the neck, always getting into everything. So we figured if Ramona got into the tree a ton of times last year and she was a GOOD/innocent kitten, what would our devil cat do?

We tied back the tree, but to our surprise not one of the cats have been showing much interest in it at all. Luigi just thinks it's okay to lick the water out of the stand. O.O

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Senior Cat

I always put my tree in a corner and tie it to the wall. A little hook that screws into the wall (we use the white ones like for hanging cups under a kitchen cupboard) and some string or fishing line to hold it in place. We've never had a tree knocked over in 8 years and we've never had fewer than 4 cats in the house (this year is going to be at least 8, maybe 11 if my fosters arrive as scheduled tomorrow). They like to bat the ornaments around like crazy but they don't break them often. Hang all the really breakable ones at the top of the tree and the more durable ones near the bottom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind but found my soul."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Senior Cat

I've got 6 cats at home right now too, and so far, so good. They enjoy sitting under the tree, and they occasionally get a bit rambunctious and chase each other under it, but none of my cats have made any intimations of destructive behaviour, yet. I'm just waiting for my foster to start snatching ornaments, though--she's like a little Magpie.

Some cats are tree wreckers, and others don't even seem to care one way or the other. Unfortunately, you'll never know one way or the other until you try putting a tree up.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page