Needing advice on introductions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Needing advice on introductions

I need some advice on what's ok.
Our new cat Princess, she's approx 2 is getting along fine with our older male Buzzy. She gets a little pushy and wants to jump on him, and when she does he swats her and then she's gone. But her and Michelle our spayed female just don't seem to like each other. Michelle hisses at her and Princess insists on chasing and pouncing on her. No fighting though.
Is this ok or should I stop it?

Please advise.
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

I'm not really sure how you would handle this, but it doesn't sound like a good dynamic specifically because Princess, the new cat, is not respecting Michelle's boundaries as one of the resident cats. When Michelle hisses, Princess should back off and the fact that she isn't doing that might mean she is challenging for the alpha spot. Or the beta spot lol, as she seems to respect Buzzy's boundaries. It seems as if Michelle would get really stressed with this. Does she seem to be hiding more or has her behavior changed in any way?

I have brought in two new cats into my house in the last 2 months and my initial resident cat Penny is definitely the alpha still. When she hisses at the two new ones, they both back off and move away. The newest, Sunny, will also respect Mystique's boundaries and when she hisses he turns around and walks off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page