Dreaming - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to bobbycos
Dreaming

i am curious as to cats dreaming

long story short

my Mia was on her big bed sleeping when i observed her start twitching and meowing/noisy purring. all the time i was watching her do this her eyes were closed and she did not get up. this lasted about 45 seconds to a minute. my wife was concerned and i told just to watch carefully. I have never seen a cat dream before and i hope she wasn't having a nighmare.

3-5 minutes after this episode she woke up and proceeded to do her stretches and groom herself like nothing happened

anybody else see their cats dream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Premier Cat

All the time!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to bobbycos
what was that like for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Cat Addict

cat dreams = lots of fine food, served on silver platters, carried by mice wearing mater'd uniforms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Jr. Cat

I've seen my little guy dream a few times. The best was when he was curled in a little ball and his tail and paws were twitching like mad. After a particularly sudden tail twitch, the end of his tail hit him on the nose, and he SHOT up and looked around trying to find the nose boop culprit.

I always hope he's having nice dreams about his favorite foods and pigeon watching.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Cat Addict

My cats (all former strays) have nightmares, I think, because they'll wake up all scared, look around and see nothing to worry about, then go back to sleep. And they whine in their sleep.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Cat Addict

Yep, Scout dreams pretty heavily on a regular basis. He sometimes makes a chattering sound and his paws twitch. It's the same sound he makes when he watches birds and squirrels through the window, so I'm assuming that's what he'd dreaming of.

Just like people, some cats have deeper dreams than others, but it's perfectly normal.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Senior Cat

I've never spotted Newt dreaming i.e. involuntary muscle-twitching/vocalizations while sleeping, but quite often do with Newton. I really have no clue what he dreams about - they don't always seem to be pleasant dreams, as when he wakes up, he seems a little startled, so I try to comfort him and stroke his fur whenever I notice it. He has been an indoor cat all his life, so I'm not sure what he could be afraid of. I suppose he could be having nightmares of the vacuum cleaner, or the snow plow (he runs and hides whenever the snow plow comes by to clean our streets).

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Premier Cat

Robin dreams a lot, sometimes he's scrapping, sometimes he's chasing something. He rarely has bad dreams. Once he was whimpering in his sleep. I woke him up and he came and slept next to me for the rest of the night!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Cool Cat

All of my cats dream. I think normally they're dreaming about hunting, because there's a lot of nose twitching and tail flicking and moving legs.

Zephyr has pretty bad nightmares sometimes, though. He'll cry and shake in his sleep until I calm him down by petting him, and if he wakes up he acts grateful like he thinks I saved him from something. I'm not sure what he has bad dreams about, because of my three he's been through the least actual trauma; he's lived with me since he was a baby. I don't know what's in his head that makes him have nightmares, poor kitty!

The Boys: Maisie, Zephyr, and Cullen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page