Can my emotions effect my cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Can my emotions effect my cat?

Mystery is usually a really laid back cat, he dont bother the other 2 cats much except to play. And thats only when they start it. But last night i was really upset, crying and shaking, more than ive ever done in front of him. Sure ive cried before and he always just followed me around and sat on me to purr, it calmed me down. Last night my emotions were everywhere tho and i couldnt calm down or stop crying. I noticed Mystery got extremely jumpy and then started attacking the other 2 cats for no reason and would chase them out the room. then he'd sit by me for a little while then take off and attack something else, ran all over the house. This behavior isnt normal at all... he is usually a lazy cat... could i have caused this last night? I know someone said that cats can sense human emotion but they dont feel the same emotions as us. But i didnt think it could have affected him to that extent could it? He even nearly attacked my cousin and sisters hands when they went to pet him, and almost bit my cousin when he went to pick him up. Mystery never ever attacks people. He is very laid back, even allows kids to mess around with him. Has this happened to anyone else before? It really shocked me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Premier Cat

Of course your emotions can affect the cat! It is upsetting to them to see us in distress and their first thought is probably one of those other dastardly other rascals must have caused it! Cats are very similar to us emotionally, which is why vets have found that anxiety drugs for humans have much the same affects on cats.

I always approach a couple of squabbling felines either at home or at the shelter with a calm demeanor and it usually diffuses the situation. Our emotions play a huge role in their relationship with us. I hope that whatever was bothering you is over now!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you ^_^ it is. It was just a fight. And thanks i need to remember that, it was scary to see him so... angryish. He back to normal now so its all okay ^_^ he even went and made up with the other cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Premier Cat

Most cats like a peaceful household, but some cats can become upset and act out like you've observed to your other cats and people. I think it depends on the cat and the bond it has with you. My girl Alkee comes running and meowing at me with concern if I sneeze several times in a row, whereas my boy Zuba will ignore it. "Mystery" was telling you he was concerned about you.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Its nice to know that im very happy he cares that much. The other cats sure didnt like his concern for me very much lolz! Poor Shadow had just been coming to get some food when wham! Mystery attacked him and chased him out. For the past few days now Mystery has stuck to my side more than normal though. Dont even go outside much anymore. :l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page