Roommate moved out, Ellie acting odd and not eating much? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Roommate moved out, Ellie acting odd and not eating much?

Okay, so our roommate recently moved out (he had hardly been at the apartment in almost 3 months as it was). He moved everything out of his bedroom on Saturday and we promptly moved furniture around and made the bedroom into an office on Saturday night.

I thought Ellie would be ecstatic since she always wanted to go in there but we never let her in when he lived here. She now has full reign of the room and entire apartment but is now acting weird.

She isn't eating much and has also acted a little weird in the room. Could it just be the change making her feel odd? She's still playful and happy, but just has seemed a bit off since the change and isn't eating nearly as much. She still plays and is using her litter box fine.

She has an appt at the vet on Friday for her checkup for her spay which healed up amazingly, so if it persists she'll definitely have vet attention. I was just curious if this had ever happened to anyone else?

Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Cat Addict

Most cats aren't keen on change... ANY change, unless you're changing their meal to tuna or something LOL

Seriously, they really don't like it. I moved a pet carrier out of the back half of the lounge and put it away in storage. You'd have thought I moved to another country! I mean the machinations of sniffing where the carrier was, and wondering around in circles and trilling and stares at me. No one wanted to hang out in the lounge that evening! I was thinking... SHEESH! get over it! LOL They did, eventually, but they hate change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Premier Cat

I agree, kitties don't like change. She will be fine in a few days and will be happy with the new space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Cool Cat

I agree, she may just be freaked by the change, but I do think you are wise to keep an eye on her. Check how much she is eating, peeing, pooping...hope she is right as rain by Friday
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechie View Post
I agree, she may just be freaked by the change, but I do think you are wise to keep an eye on her. Check how much she is eating, peeing, pooping...hope she is right as rain by Friday
I agree with all this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks so much for the responses cat face, Jetlaya67, Speechie and MowMow! I've been worried sick about her when initially I thought I'd just be celebrating to have an office! Haha.

Today I went out and got the only flavor of Fancy Feast that's grain/by-product free (I think it was Fish & Shrimp flaked?) to see if it'd entice her to eat, and she actually ate half of the can so I'm feeling a little better. It still looks like her dry food is untouched and she refuses to eat her Wellness... but I figured something is better than nothing! She also seems to be feeling a little more energetic now that I put a cat tree and toys in the office. Hopefully she gets back to normal soon! It's amazing how much these little fur balls can worry us.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Cool Cat

Glad she is eating!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Well little Ellie is pretty much at 100% today! I woke up to her 1/3 cup dry food totally eaten and then she harassed me with "mews" for her Wellness canned food and proceeded to eat it all! Yay! Thanks again for the support everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page