New Here--Please Help! Cats keep peeing everywhere!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New Here--Please Help! Cats keep peeing everywhere!!!

Hi there--

I joined this forum to beg for help. I have 2 neutered male cats...both under a year old...who keep peeing all over the house.

We have so many dang litter boxes in this house, you basically can't look anywhere without seeing one. The boxes are always clean as I clean them multiple times a day. At first, I thought maybe I was cleaning them too much (maybe they didn't smell enough like place to pee) so I started cleaning only once or twice a day for a few days. That didn't help so I am back to cleaning as usual. Both cats have been checked out by a vet and are perfectly healthy.

I am going crazy!!!! These cats pee all over the house. They are so sneaky...I have never caught them in the act...but will find puddles of cat pee. They pee on the bare floor and they also urinate on stuff that is on shelves or dressers or whatever. I clean the urine THOROUGHLY so there is no trace and they just keep peeing. I took some else's advice to use a strong smell (like febreze) all over house to stop them...and it didn't work.

I feed them away from their litter boxes (try to put it where they've peed in past but they just pee elsewhere). I have tried EVERY suggestion I have been given. I do not believe it is marking because it is not "sprayed" on walls or anything...just a puddle on horizontal surface.

I love animals and do not believe in giving up on them. But...honestly...I am about at my wit's end. My family and I cannot live like this...we cannot have a house of cat pee! It is disgusting...and ruins things...and smells just awful. I come home from work and am met by the smell of fresh urine as soon as I open the door to my house. This is a nightmare...

I am so frustrated...does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Premier Cat

WOW! That would indeed be frustrating! Are your boys neutered? And what are their ages? Are there outside 'visitors'?
You really need to get a product made to get urine smell out of anything they have peed on! Cats have incredible noses!
I hope our other forum members jump in here!
Hang in there!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Cat

I wouldn't clean the litter boxes. I'd just scoop the piles out as they show up.

Are your cats declawed? If that's the case, walking on litter is often painful for them.

Sometimes when they pee all over it's a territorial issue. Other things are too close to the litter boxes or they're spraying to mark territory because there are other cats outside close to the house who are marking there.

So I take it that they poop in the litter box? Is there a way to find out what kind of litter they were used to before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Tom Cat

New Here--Please Help! Cats keep peeing everywhere!!!

You might want to confine them to a smaller room like a bathroom for a week or so, until they are consistently using the litterbox. When was the last time they have seen the vet?

[color=gray]Sent from Petguide.com Free App[/col
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page